We are pleased to inform you that the version 1.2 Beta 6 of C#/XAML for HTML5 - the extension for Visual Studio that lets you build cross-platform HTML5 apps in standard C# and XAML - is available for download!
Learn More about C#/XAML for HTML5.
UPDATE: Known issue: DispatcherTimer and Storyboard may display errors in the Simulator. A fix will be available shortly.
Here is what's new since v1.2 Beta 5:
- Support for Implicit styles!
- Support for DefaultStyleKey and "themes/generic.xaml"
- Improved the WCF test application at: http://cshtml5.com/downloads/TestCshtml5WCF.zip
- Added option to format/indent the XML produced by the DataContractSerializer.SerializeToString(...) method
- Fixed the error when running in the browser related to "ComputeStringHash" that was sometimes raised when using a switch(string) statement in VS 2015 or newer
- Fixed the serialization of enums (was a regression in v1.2 beta 5) and of collections of value types (eg. ObservableCollection<string>)
- Fixed regression of a previous beta that prevented from adding more items to the ItemsSource of the DataGrid after the DataGrid has been displayed in the visual tree
- Added support for more elements in the XAML Editor preview (UriMapper, Behaviors, DataGrid.PageSize, etc.)
- Added support for using the Style tag for the root of a XAML file
- Improved the performance of XDocument.Parse(text)
- Improved the reliability of Popup.StayOpen, and fixed an issue where clicking outside a popup did not properly close it
- Fixed vertical alignment of shapes/paths
- Fixed appearance of the DataPager under Firefox
- Added some empty namespaces so that there is no need to remove the "using" directives when migrating a SIlverlight or WPF app ("Microsoft.Win32", "System.Configuration", "System.IO.IsolatedStorage", etc.)
- Fixed an issue that, in some cases, could prevent from referencing from XAML a control defined in another assembly
- Improved the reliability of DispatcherTimer when running in the Simulator
We are also working on many other features and we will release them as soon as they are ready.
You may also be interested to read:
- What's new in v1.2 Beta 5
- What's new in v1.2 Beta 4
- What's new in v1.2 Beta 3 (Revamped DataGrid, Paging, improved XML performance...)
- What's new in v1.2 Beta 2 (DatePicker, TimePicker, improved ChildWindow...)
- What's new in v1.2 Beta 1 (Focus states, WCF authentication, async WCF...)
- What's new in v1.1.3 (bug fixes)
- What's new in v1.1.2 (ItemContainerStyle, TextBox template)
- What's new in v1.1.1 (AncestorType)
- What's new in v1.1.0 (rtw) (Custom Fonts, RadialGradientBrush)
- What's new in v1.0 RC1
Notes about installation:
- Before installing this update, it is recommended that you close all the open instances of Visual Studio.
- If for some reason you need to revert to a previous version, simply uninstall this one (from the Control Panel) and reinstall the previous version.
We hope you will enjoy this build! If you find any issues, please post them on the forums or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org