We are pleased to inform you that the Beta 12.10 of C#/XAML for HTML5 - the extension for Visual Studio that lets you build cross-platform HTML5 apps in standard C# and XAML - is available for download!
Learn More about C#/XAML for HTML5.
Here is what's new (since Beta 12.9):
- Added an implementation for Arraylist.ToArray(Type itemsType) and fixed the issues with JsonConvert
- Fixed warnings in the browser that said that "RequestCompletedEventHandler" was defined twice.
- Fixed the non-native ComboBox appearance on FireFox, where the arrow was too big.
- Fixed the warning during the compilation that said: "CS0184: 'The given expression is never of the provided type')"
- Under-the-hood improvements to the compiler, which now allows to specify flags
By the way, in case you missed it, the Beta 12.9 released a few days ago has introduced a cool new features in the XAML inspector (at runtime, in the Simulator), which tells you the location of the XAML file where a UI element is defined! Here is a screenshot:
Note: with the new WCF stack recently introduced, you can now remove the [XmlSerializerFormat] attribute that is located in the service class (on the server-side) (and don't forget to "update the service reference" in the CSHTML5 app) and benefit from faster application loading, faster WCF, smaller WCF-related output code, and improved compatibility.[/list]
Here is a small sample WCF project to test the new WCF stack:
We are also working on many other features and we will release them as soon as they are ready.
You may also be interested to read:
- What's new in Beta 12.9 (improved XAML inspector)
- What's new in Beta 12.8
- What's new in Beta 12.7
- What's new in Beta 12.6 (20+ bug fixes)
- What's new in Beta 12.5
- What's new in Beta 12.4
- What's new in Beta 12.3 (much faster compilation!)
- What's new in Beta 12.2 (15 new features and new WCF Stack)
- What's new in Beta 12.1 (DataContractSerializer)
- What's new in Beta 12.0
Notes about installation:
- Before installing this update, it is recommended that you close all the open instances of Visual Studio.
- If for some reason you need to revert to the previous Beta, simply uninstall this one (from the Control Panel) and reinstall the previous Beta.
We hope you will enjoy this build! If you find any issues, please post them on the forums or send an email to email@example.com