We are pleased to inform you that the Beta 13.3 of C#/XAML for HTML5 - the extension for Visual Studio that lets you build cross-platform HTML5 apps in standard C# and XAML - is available for download!
Learn More about C#/XAML for HTML5.
Here is what's new (since Beta 13.2):
- Ability to integrate a CSHTML5 application in an existing HTML5 app or ASP.NET, with ability to create multiple XAML visual trees and bind them to specific DIVs in the HTML page. For more information, please read the page "How to integrate CSHTML5 in an existing HTML5 application or ASP.NET" (the page contains a downloadable sample project for Visual Studio)
- Significantly improved performance when saving a XAML file and during compilation
- Improved DataContractSerializer: added support for the serialization of Dictionaries and structs (such as KeyValuePair), improved namespaces in the generated XML, improved serialization of byte and float, and more
- Support for the "[Serializable2]" attribute (will later be renamed to "[Serializable]" when stable)
- Fixed support for direct text content in attached properties (such as <Border><ToolTipService.ToolTip>Test</ToolTipService.ToolTip></Border>)
- Fixed ability to specify relative URIs in XAML for controls other than <Image>, such as <MediaElement> and <WebView>.
- Fixed exception when binding a Color to a Brush (such as when binding DropShadowEffect.Color to Border.Background)
- WrapPanel no longer crops content by default (unless "ClipToBounds" is set to "True")
Coming soon: UriMapper!
We are also working on many other features and we will release them as soon as they are ready.
You may also be interested to read:
Notes about installation:
- Before installing this update, it is recommended that you close all the open instances of Visual Studio.
- If for some reason you need to revert to the previous Beta, simply uninstall this one (from the Control Panel) and reinstall the previous Beta.
We hope you will enjoy this build! If you find any issues, please post them on the forums or send an email to email@example.com