We are pleased to inform you that the Beta 13.0 of C#/XAML for HTML5 - the extension for Visual Studio that lets you build cross-platform HTML5 apps in standard C# and XAML - is available for download!
UPDATED: v13.0 RELEASE 2 fixes occasional Simulator freezing and "run in browser" text. Download link:
Learn More about C#/XAML for HTML5.
Version 13.0 is basically the same as the intermediate version "12.10", with the following additional improvements:
- Default app background (and loading screen) is now white rather than gray to be more in line with web pages.
You can revert to the previous color by simply modifying the file "cshtml5.css" located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\CSharpXamlForHtml5\InternalStuff\Libraries".
- Added support for Queue<T>
- The default display size in the Simulator is now "Desktop Browser" rather than "Phone" because there are more users that target desktop browsers
- The default display size in the XAML Editor is now "Fit Screen" rather than "Phone"
- Fixed the recently introduced feature "Debug JS code executed by the Simulator so far" (located in the Tools menu in bottom-left corner of the Simulator)
- Improved XAML Inspector in the Simulator
- Improved exception handling in the Simulator
Version 13.0 also includes the improvements of the intermediate versions 12.1 to 12.10. You may also be interested to read:
- What's new in Beta 12.10
- What's new in Beta 12.9 (improved XAML inspector)
- What's new in Beta 12.8
- What's new in Beta 12.7
- What's new in Beta 12.6 (20+ bug fixes)
- What's new in Beta 12.5
- What's new in Beta 12.4
- What's new in Beta 12.3 (much faster compilation!)
- What's new in Beta 12.2 (15 new features and new WCF Stack)
- What's new in Beta 12.1 (DataContractSerializer)
Note: with the new WCF stack recently introduced, you can now remove the [XmlSerializerFormat] attribute that is located in the service class (on the server-side) (and don't forget to "update the service reference" in the CSHTML5 app) and benefit from faster application loading, faster WCF, smaller WCF-related output code, and improved compatibility.
Here is a small sample WCF project to test the new WCF stack:
We are also working on many other features and we will release them as soon as they are ready.
Notes about installation:
- Before installing this update, it is recommended that you close all the open instances of Visual Studio.
- If for some reason you need to revert to the previous Beta, simply uninstall this one (from the Control Panel) and reinstall the previous Beta.
We hope you will enjoy this build! If you find any issues, please post them on the forums or send an email to email@example.com