We are pleased to inform you that the Beta 11.8 of C#/XAML for HTML5 - the extension for Visual Studio that lets you build cross-platform HTML5 apps in standard C# and XAML - is available for download!
Click to Learn More about C#/XAML for HTML5.
Here is what's new since Beta 11.7:
- Common Styles are now previewed in the XAML Editor! The XAML Editor Preview now takes into account the Styles and Resources defined in App.xaml and in other referenced resource dictionaries! (MergedDictionaries are also supported)
- Support for data-binding in Shape properties (Line, Rectangle, Ellipse, Path...) (#596, #609)
- New "Desktop" display size option in the XAML Editor: you can now get rid of the phone in the Preview
- New "Fit Screen" display size option in the XAML Editor
- The "Display Size" option is now persisted when closing and re-opening the XAML Editor
- ScrollViewer.VerticalOffset and HorizontalOffset
- IsEnabledChanged event
- Further improved SL Migration Edition Silverlight compatibility: Key.Menu has been renamed to Key.Alt, Key.Ctrl has been renamed to Control, and more
- Fixed an issue where validation tooltips did not move when scrolling (#592)
- Fixed the exception when setting TextBox.MaxLength in a SL Migration project (#599)
- Fixed an issue where changing a property of a Shape (Line, Rectangle, Ellipse, Path...) did not trigger a redraw of the shape (#596, #598, #609)
- Fixed an issue when binding a non-string property to a string property (#593)
- Fixed the compilation error when setting x:Name in a stand-alone XAML ResourceDictionary file
- Fixed the NullReferenceException where using <Application.Resources> without the <ResourceDictionary> tag
- Fixed the errors "Width cannot be lower than 0" and "Height cannot be lower than 0"
If you haven't already, be sure to check out the screenshots of the new Silverlight Migration Wizard introduced in the previous Beta 11.5!
You may also be interested to read:
- What's new in Beta 11.7
- What's new in Beta 11.6
- What's new in Beta 11.5
- What's new in Beta 11.4
- What's new in Beta 11.3
- What's new in Beta 11.2
- What's new in Beta 11.1
- What's new in Beta 11.0
Notes about installation:
- Before installing this update, it is recommended that you close all the open instances of Visual Studio.
- If for some reason you need to revert to the previous Beta, simply uninstall this one (from the Control Panel) and reinstall the previous Beta.
We hope you will enjoy this build. If you find any issues, please post them on the forums or send an email to email@example.com