Parse .Net SDK Support

lix2k3

Parse .Net SDK Support

Postby lix2k3 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:16 am

Any plans to offer the Parse .net SDK support? Or, will a method for importing their javascript SDK be the only option?

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Re: Parse .Net SDK Support

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:29 am

Hello lix2k3,

Someone should develop a C# wrapper around the Parse JavaScript SDK. That way, you get both the best convenience and performance. In fact, you get the best convenience because it will then be possible to call the C# methods from any CSHTML5 project. At the same time, you get the best performance because, after compilation to JS, it is the actual JavaScript SDK methods that will be called.

To create the wrapper, one should create a new VS project of type "CSHTML5 library", add some public C# classes and methods. Inside those methods, one should call the Parse SDK JavaScript methods - provided by the Parse JavaScript SDK - by using the extensibility/interop features of CSHTML5 and JSIL. Those extensibility/interop features will be detailed very soon in the upcoming CSHTML5 documentation, which we are writing right now and which we expect to be available within a couple of months.

If someone wants to start implementing the wrapper, we will be pleased to put a link on the CSHTML5 website to help attract more contributors to the wrapper project. In fact, we plant to start a new "community extensions" page on the CSHTML5 website.

Regards,
JS-Support

lix2k3

Re: Parse .Net SDK Support

Postby lix2k3 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:41 pm

That sounds like a great idea. For my upcoming project, as my c# coding is coming to completion, I'm beginning to worry if there will be any solution for including some javascript libraries that I desperately need to bring everything to 100% completion.

So, just to clarify, and hopefully I understand correctly.

-1) Is there any way, other than creating c# wrappers, to actually include javascript libraries into our code in an efficient way? I need to put the Stripe Javascript libraries as well as the Parse libraries into my project. If no C# wrapper is available, what would be the best way to go about doing this? Is it even possible?

-2)Also, any hope for cshtm5 actually fully supporting the C# .NET SDK's of Parse, Stripe and other providers?

Return to “General Discussion and Other”