[SOLVED] Assemblies with "-" (dash) in their name can not be found by Simulator

Please report bugs here. If you are unsure whether something is a bug or an expected behavior, please post it on the "Technical Support" forum instead, and wait for a moderator to handle/move the post.
NineLives

[SOLVED] Assemblies with "-" (dash) in their name can not be found by Simulator

Postby NineLives » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:32 am

Subject:
Assemblies with "-" in their name can not be found by Simulator

To reproduce:
Create a new project (you can use the Calculator test project)
Name project Bug-Report-01
Rebuild solution, launch
Simulator will appear, but complain that it can not find the assembly.

Investigation:
For some reason, while the assembly is named "Bug-Report-01.dlll", whatever is being passed to the Simulator is named "Bug_Report_01". It appears that dashes ("-") are being replaced with underscores ("_"). Changing the assembly name to something without dashes ("_") solves the issue.

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Re: Assemblies with "-" (dash) in their name can not be found by Simulator

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:37 am

Hello NineLives and welcome to the forums.

Thanks a lot for reporting this issue! We are going to fix it right away. The fix will be included in the next Beta, to be released in the coming weeks. If you need it earlier, please just drop us a line and we will send you an intermediate build.

Thanks again,
Regards,
JS-Support

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Re: Assemblies with "-" (dash) in their name can not be found by Simulator

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:18 am

Hello NineLives,

This is a short update to inform you that we have fixed the issue in the Beta 4 release.

Please note that this fix only applies to newly created projects.

Thanks,
Regards,
JS-Support

Martin Funk

Re: Assemblies with "-" (dash) in their name can not be found by Simulator [SOLVED]

Postby Martin Funk » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:40 am

Hello,

I got a similar problem when there is a special sign (in my case the '#' [sharp] sign) within the path for the created index.html file and
I try to open it in the browser preview. The local path cannot be resolved and I will get an error message inside the browser:
"Webpage could not be shown". The Chrome-integrated Console is saying: "Not allowed to load local resource: ...."
After investigation I found out that the URL is not accepted when you name a folder or the name of the file with a '#'-sign inside (probably also other special signs won't work either)!

This lapse is on the browser side. It can be resolved when replacing the '#'-sign with the appropriate Html-entity during loading it in the browser-view!

Thanks for your notice!
M

Return to “Bug Reports”