Runtime transform

Please post public support tickets here. Note: for private support tickets, please send an email to support@cshtml5.com instead.
labiej

Runtime transform

Postby labiej » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:03 am

Hi,

For our application I'm wondering if the conversion can be done at run-time.
Our main applications (real-time monitoring of real world entities like hardware and buildings) run on windows.

In the platform it is possible to configure custom forms for data entry and the likes.
We use a graphical xaml editor like the one integrated in visual studio.

In the near future we would like to create a web interface which can be used by visitors, people not allowed to use the full client application etc.
To do this we need to translate the forms from xaml to HTML.

While researching this I came across CSHTML5 which seems to do this for static applications.

Now I was wondering if it is possible to do a run-time transform.

At this point I'm thing of a program flow along the lines of letting the user design their form (WPF Xaml).
Then transform this to CSHTML5-Xaml followed by a translation to HTML.

The javascript aspect would be handled by us.

Is this possible at all?
Is there information available that explains how CSHTML5 actually works?
In essence the who/when/how of emitting the compiled html is what I'm looking for.
With that info I could continue poking and prodding to see if I could get it up and running.

Kind regards

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Re: Runtime transform

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:43 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

At the moment, XAML is converted at compile-time. However, we can implement runtime parsing of XAML as part of our professional services. The estimated workload is approximately 20 days, and we could split the development cost in half. Please refer to the following URL for details on our services to implement new features:
http://cshtml5.com/links/fund-new-features.aspx

Feel free to contact us at hello@cshtml5.com if you are interested.

Thanks
Regards
JS-Support

Return to “Technical Support”