We are pleased to inform you that the version 1.2 Beta 3 of C#/XAML for HTML5 - the extension for Visual Studio that lets you build cross-platform HTML5 apps in standard C# and XAML - is available for download!
Learn More about C#/XAML for HTML5.
Here is what's new since v1.2 Beta 2:
- Revamped DataGrid control! Now supports PagedCollectionView for programmatically filtering and sorting + Built-in paging (default page size is 20 items, you can change it by setting the DataGrid.DataPager.PageSize property, set to -1 for no limit) + Alternate row background (coming soon: sort by clicking on the columns header)
- Much improved performance of Linq to XML (XDocument, XElement, XAttribute, etc.) and the DataContractSerializer
- Added the possibility to create a XmlReader directly with a string for better performance, via XmlReaderHelper.Create(string xml)
- Added DataPager control
- Added support for IEnumerable.DefaultIfEmpty
- Default padding of buttons is now the same as in Silverlight and other XAML platforms (3,3,3,3)
- Added Cshtml5_XmlReader and Cshtml5_XmlWriter as temporary workarounds for the lack of features of the built-in XmlReader and XmlWriter
- Further improved the TypeScript Definitions to C# compiler
- Improved the default style of HyperlinkButton
- Made the option "use http://localhost" more visible in the Simulator
- Fixed ChildWindow horizontal alignment
- Fixed an issue with DataGrid under Firefox that caused it to grow bigger at each click
- Fixed an issue where calling the default constructor of "BasicHttpBinding" did not properly initialize the Security property, leading to a NullReferenceException when accessing it
- Fixed an issue where items inside a ListBox did not refresh correctly with data binding when no ItemTemplate was specified
- Fixed data binding between a property of type Array and a property of type IEnumerable
- Fixed an issue where OnPointerReleased was called twice for each click
- Fixed an issue where e.OriginalSource in case of Button Click was null
- Fixed the Simulator error that said that a control can only have one parent
- Fixed error "System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast to JSObject" that happened when resizing the Simulator if the page had navigated to a different URL.
- Added a return value to HashSet2.Add method
We are also working on many other features and we will release them as soon as they are ready.
You may also be interested to read:
- What's new in v1.2 Beta 2 (DatePicker, TimePicker, improved ChildWindow...)
- What's new in v1.2 Beta 1 (Focus states, WCF authentication, async WCF...)
- What's new in v1.1.3 (bug fixes)
- What's new in v1.1.2 (ItemContainerStyle, TextBox template)
- What's new in v1.1.1 (AncestorType)
- What's new in v1.1.0 (rtw) (Custom Fonts, RadialGradientBrush)
- What's new in v1.0 RC1
Notes about installation:
- Before installing this update, it is recommended that you close all the open instances of Visual Studio.
- If for some reason you need to revert to a previous version, simply uninstall this one (from the Control Panel) and reinstall the previous version.
We hope you will enjoy this build! If you find any issues, please post them on the forums or send an email to email@example.com