We are pleased to inform you that the version 1.2 Beta 11 of C#/XAML for HTML5 - the extension for Visual Studio that lets you build cross-platform HTML5 apps in standard C# and XAML - is available for download!
Learn More about C#/XAML for HTML5.
Here is what's new since v1.2 Beta 10:
- Support for x:FieldModifier
- Support for StaticResources inside attached properties
- Support for attached properties with prefixes in XAML
- Support for namespaces, prefixes, and attached properties inside the Value of a Setter within a Style in XAML
- Support for the "Frame.NavigationFailed" event
- Improved API for loading 3rd party JS libraries (more info to come soon)
- Added support for square brakets in the "Storyboard.TargetProperty" (for animating gradient stops for example)
- Added polyfill for String.startsWith() for IE11
- Fixed ChildWindow auto-size: if the ChildWindow becomes bigger than then browser size, its size gets constrained (like in Silverlight).
- A ScrollViewer inside a ChildWindow now works as expected
- Tooltips now always stay within the screen bounds (previously, they could get cropped if they were close to the screen bounds)
- Fixed "Frame.Navigated" event
- Fixed binding of values within a RenderTransform (such RotateTransform)
- Moved the "DataContext" property from "FrameworkElement" to "DependencyObject" as a workaround to enable inheritance through objects that are not of type FrameworkElement, such as Transforms.
- Fixed multiple issues related to the processing of the "reference.cs" file (WCF)
- Fixed an issue where the Simulator window would grow below the Windows task bar, which made it difficult to scroll and to access the "Tools" menu in the bottom-left corner of the Simulator
- Fixed vertical alignment of the phone in the Simulator when the XAML inspector is open and the tree is expanded
- Fixed a issue related to XmlWriter.WriteString
- Fixed an issue that resulted in incorrect XML created by the XmlWriter when calling XmlWriter.WriteStartElement and then XmlWriter.WriteString without calling WriteStartAttribute in between.
We are also working on many other features and we will release them as soon as they are ready.
You may also be interested to read:
- What's new in v1.2 Beta 10
- What's new in v1.2 Beta 9
- What's new in v1.2 Beta 8
- What's new in v1.2 Beta 7 (ThemeResources...)
- What's new in v1.2 Beta 6 (Implicit Styles, DefaultStyleKey, generic.xaml...)
- What's new in v1.2 Beta 5
- What's new in v1.2 Beta 4
- What's new in v1.2 Beta 3 (Revamped DataGrid, Paging, improved XML performance...)
- What's new in v1.2 Beta 2 (DatePicker, TimePicker, improved ChildWindow...)
- What's new in v1.2 Beta 1 (Focus states, WCF authentication, async WCF...)
- What's new in v1.1.3 (bug fixes)
- What's new in v1.1.2 (ItemContainerStyle, TextBox template)
- What's new in v1.1.1 (AncestorType)
- What's new in v1.1.0 (rtw) (Custom Fonts, RadialGradientBrush)
- What's new in v1.0 RC1
Notes about installation:
- Before installing this update, it is recommended that you close all the open instances of Visual Studio.
- If for some reason you need to revert to a previous version, simply uninstall this one (from the Control Panel) and reinstall the previous version.
We hope you will enjoy this build! If you find any issues, please post them on the forums or send an email to email@example.com