We are pleased to inform you that the version 1.2 Beta 9 of C#/XAML for HTML5 - the extension for Visual Studio that lets you build cross-platform HTML5 apps in standard C# and XAML - is available for download!
UPDATED: RELEASE 2 fixes the reported regression
Learn More about C#/XAML for HTML5.
Here is what's new since v1.2 Beta 8:
- Support for the "XmlnsDefinition" attribute (in "AssemblyInfo.cs") to associate an URL to a namespace. Example:
Code: Select all
Note: like in WPF, it does not apply to the assembly itself but only to the assemblies that reference your assembly.
- Fixed an issue that caused the "Post Build" event to be executed twice, and in the wrong order (ie. it was executed before the compilation was complete)
- Fixed an issue with WCF that occurred with web methods that have an abstract class, an interface, or a base type in their signature
- Fixed an issue with WCF that occurred when one of the arguments of a web method was a generic type with 2 type generic type arguments (such as Dictionary<T1, T2>)
- Fixed an issue with WCF that resulted in the wrong member being serialized, in case that both the [Serializable] and the [DataContract] attributes were present
- Fixed an issue with the DataContractSerializer (and also with WCF) that resulted in the inherited properties of an object not being serialized in the correct order. The serializer now takes into account the classes hierarchy to determine the order of the properties in the XML.
- Fixed support for running the generated HTML/JS application on a Linux-based server. There was an issue related to the fact that the resources are copied in lower case. Now they are still copied in lower case but the application code is now able to locate them.
- Fixed an issue where ObservableCollection.OnPropertyChanged was not found
- Fine-tuned the warning when the CredentialsMode is not appropriate (CORS).
- Improved the compilation error message when an element in the XAML does not have a key.
- Slightly improved the default DataGrid appearance
We are also working on many other features and we will release them as soon as they are ready.
You may also be interested to read:
- What's new in v1.2 Beta 8
- What's new in v1.2 Beta 7 (ThemeResources...)
- What's new in v1.2 Beta 6 (Implicit Styles, DefaultStyleKey, generic.xaml...)
- What's new in v1.2 Beta 5
- What's new in v1.2 Beta 4
- What's new in v1.2 Beta 3 (Revamped DataGrid, Paging, improved XML performance...)
- What's new in v1.2 Beta 2 (DatePicker, TimePicker, improved ChildWindow...)
- What's new in v1.2 Beta 1 (Focus states, WCF authentication, async WCF...)
- What's new in v1.1.3 (bug fixes)
- What's new in v1.1.2 (ItemContainerStyle, TextBox template)
- What's new in v1.1.1 (AncestorType)
- What's new in v1.1.0 (rtw) (Custom Fonts, RadialGradientBrush)
- What's new in v1.0 RC1
Notes about installation:
- Before installing this update, it is recommended that you close all the open instances of Visual Studio.
- If for some reason you need to revert to a previous version, simply uninstall this one (from the Control Panel) and reinstall the previous version.
We hope you will enjoy this build! If you find any issues, please post them on the forums or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org