We are pleased to inform you that the Beta 13.1 of C#/XAML for HTML5 - the extension for Visual Studio that lets you build cross-platform HTML5 apps in standard C# and XAML - is available for download!
Learn More about C#/XAML for HTML5.
Here is what's new (since Beta 13.0):
- Added support for Application.GetResourceStream(uri) and Application.GetResourceString(uri) to read local project files of type TXT, XML, JSON, and .CONFIG. You can pass a URI formatted with one of the two following format: "ms-appx:///AssemblyName/Folder/FileName" or "/AssemblyName;component/Folder/FileName"
- Improved WCF: you no longer need to specify the endpoint programmatically! The endpoint is now automatically read from the file "app.config".
- Fixed Error 500 when calling WCF from the Simulator
- Added BindingOperations.SetBinding as an alternative way to programmatically set a binding
- Added support for the methods marked with the attributes "OnSerializing", "OnSerialized", "OnDeserializing", and "OnDeserialized" (which get called by the DataContractSerializer)
- Added more useful information to the exception that is raised in case of WCF server error when running in the Simulator
We are also working on many other features and we will release them as soon as they are ready.
You may also be interested to read:
Notes about installation:
- Before installing this update, it is recommended that you close all the open instances of Visual Studio.
- If for some reason you need to revert to the previous Beta, simply uninstall this one (from the Control Panel) and reinstall the previous Beta.
We hope you will enjoy this build! If you find any issues, please post them on the forums or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org