We are pleased to inform you that the Beta 12.9 of C#/XAML for HTML5 - the extension for Visual Studio that lets you build cross-platform HTML5 apps in standard C# and XAML - is available for download!
Learn More about C#/XAML for HTML5.
Here is what's new (since Beta 12.8):
- Improved Simulator XAML Inspector: it now tells you the location of the XAML file where a UI element is defined!
- New "Application.Current.MainWindow"
- New "Application.Exit"
- New "Application.Closing"
- You can display a confirmation dialog when the user attempts to close the browser by registering the Window.Closing event, and setting e.ShowCloseConfirmation = true;
- Improved XAML Preview in the XAML editor (support for custom types as root of the XAML, fixed errors when TargetType is not supported, fixed content that would go outside the display area, and more)
- Added "UriHelper.ConvertToHtmlPath(string uri)" to convert a URI from the MS style (such as ms-appx:///AssemblyName/Folder/Image.png or /AssemblyName;component/Folder/Image.png) to the HTML style, which is particularly useful when writing HTML/JS manually via C#/JS interop and/or the HtmlPresenter
- Improved the TypeScript Definitions Importer tool (fixed issues with duplicate methods being generated, and missing types)
- Fixed Simulator size issues on screens with a larger font size or higher DPI
- Fixed an issue where applying a style to the root of the XAML did not work (for example if you applied a style to a ChildWindow in XAML)
- Fixed an issue where pasting on a TextBox with a MaxLength could result in the text exceeding the defined max length.
Note: with the new WCF stack recently introduced, you can now remove the [XmlSerializerFormat] attribute that is located in the service class (on the server-side) (and don't forget to "update the service reference" in the CSHTML5 app) and benefit from faster application loading, faster WCF, smaller WCF-related output code, and improved compatibility.[/list]
Here is a small sample WCF project to test the new WCF stack:
We are also working on many other features and we will release them as soon as they are ready.
You may also be interested to read:
- What's new in Beta 12.8
- What's new in Beta 12.7
- What's new in Beta 12.6 (20+ bug fixes)
- What's new in Beta 12.5
- What's new in Beta 12.4
- What's new in Beta 12.3 (much faster compilation!)
- What's new in Beta 12.2 (15 new features and new WCF Stack)
- What's new in Beta 12.1 (DataContractSerializer)
- What's new in Beta 12.0
Notes about installation:
- Before installing this update, it is recommended that you close all the open instances of Visual Studio.
- If for some reason you need to revert to the previous Beta, simply uninstall this one (from the Control Panel) and reinstall the previous Beta.
We hope you will enjoy this build! If you find any issues, please post them on the forums or send an email to email@example.com