We are pleased to inform you that the Beta 12.8 of C#/XAML for HTML5 - the extension for Visual Studio that lets you build cross-platform HTML5 apps in standard C# and XAML - is available for download!
Learn More about C#/XAML for HTML5.
Here is what's new (since Beta 12.7):
- Brand new Simulator renderer !!! It is now based on Chrome 60 instead of Chrome 18. It supports all the latest HTML5 specs, including the CSS Grid and its RowSpan/ColumnSpan, meaning that the layout in the Simulator will now be identical as the one in the browser. Furthermore, more extensions and 3rd party libraries will work in the Simulator (we are going to progressively update the extensions to enable them to run in the browser, such as the OpenFile and SaveFile extensions).
- Support for UIElement.AddHandler and RemoveHandler, including support for catching Handled events
- Improved TypeScript Definitions Import tool (fixed issues when importing the WebGL TypeScript definitions - an example will come soon)
- Clicking outside a templated ComboBox closes its drop-down menu
- Support for ServiceKnownType attribute with WCF services
- DataContractSerializer now support deserializing objects without the type being specified (using KnownTypes instead)
- WebClient now correctly throws an Exception when the server returns an error (the response has a status between 400 and 600)
- Fixed "e.OriginalSource" in the event args of the pointer event handlers
- Fixed an error in browsers related to "NumericTypes" (was a warning in the Console)
- Fixed default Namespace in XName to match WPF's behaviour
- Fixed DataContractSerializer issue when the actual type was the same as the memberType
- Fixed an issue where a single character string was serialized as a char.
Note: with the new WCF stack recently introduced, you can now remove the [XmlSerializerFormat] attribute that is located in the service class (on the server-side) (and don't forget to "update the service reference" in the CSHTML5 app) and benefit from faster application loading, faster WCF, smaller WCF-related output code, and improved compatibility.[/list]
Here is a small sample WCF project to test the new WCF stack:
We are also working on many other features and we will release them as soon as they are ready.
You may also be interested to read:
- What's new in Beta 12.7
- What's new in Beta 12.6 (20+ bug fixes)
- What's new in Beta 12.5
- What's new in Beta 12.4
- What's new in Beta 12.3 (much faster compilation!)
- What's new in Beta 12.2 (15 new features and new WCF Stack)
- What's new in Beta 12.1 (DataContractSerializer)
- What's new in Beta 12.0
Notes about installation:
- Before installing this update, it is recommended that you close all the open instances of Visual Studio.
- If for some reason you need to revert to the previous Beta, simply uninstall this one (from the Control Panel) and reinstall the previous Beta.
We hope you will enjoy this build! If you find any issues, please post them on the forums or send an email to email@example.com