Beta 12.4 of C#/XAML for HTML5 released

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Beta 12.4 of C#/XAML for HTML5 released

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:26 am

Dear CSHTML5 users,

We are pleased to inform you that the Beta 12.4 of C#/XAML for HTML5 - the extension for Visual Studio that lets you build cross-platform HTML5 apps in standard C# and XAML - is available for download!

DOWNLOAD:
CSharpXamlForHtml5_v1_0_public_beta12_4.zip
(25.59 MiB) Downloaded 661 times

Learn More about C#/XAML for HTML5.

Here is what's new (since Beta 12.3):

• Added support for the [KnownType] attribute and "DataContractSerializer.KnownTypes" property.

• Added explicit operators and constructors of XElement

• Improved the reliability of VisualTreeHelper.GetChildren and VisualTreeHelper.GetChild.

• Improved RangeBase

• Fixed design-time error "No constructor for type 'RelativeSource' has 1 parameters"

• Fixed regression of Beta 12.3 which broke WCF for "SL Migration Edition" projects.

• Improved DataContractSerializer so that only properties with Getter are read, and only properties with Setter are set.

• Improved the new WCF Stack introduced in Beta 12.2 that is based on the DataContractSerializer rather than the XmlSerializer.

With the new WCF stack, you can now remove the [XmlSerializerFormat] attribute that is located in the service class (on the server-side) (and don't forget to "update the service reference" in the CSHTML5 app) and benefit from faster application loading, faster WCF, smaller WCF-related output code, and improved compatibility.

Here is a small sample WCF project to test the new WCF stack:
TestCshtml5WCF_for_CSHTML5_Beta12_2.zip
(65.96 KiB) Downloaded 682 times

We are also working on many other features and we will release them as soon as they are ready.

You may also be interested to read:

Notes about installation:
  • Before installing this update, it is recommended that you close all the open instances of Visual Studio.
  • If for some reason you need to revert to the previous Beta, simply uninstall this one (from the Control Panel) and reinstall the previous Beta.

We hope you will enjoy this build! If you find any issues, please post them on the forums or send an email to support@cshtml5.com

Thank you.
Regards,
JS-Support

joaofig

Re: New Beta 12.4 released! [Download]

Postby joaofig » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:34 am

Apparently, both download links refer to the same zip file - the testing solution.

TaterJuice

Postby TaterJuice » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:49 am

joaofig wrote:Apparently, both download links refer to the same zip file - the testing solution.

They must have fixed it, because the 12.4 zip is just an install file, "CSharpXamlForHtml5_v1_0_public_beta12_4.msi".

Fuzioncode

Postby Fuzioncode » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:22 am

I have installed the 12.4 release and ran the 12.2 WCF example and everytime I go to add a To-Do in the example then I get a (500) Internal Server Error with the Trace Data shown below:

at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request)
at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data)
at System.INTERNAL_WebRequestHelper_SimulatorOnly.MakeRequest_CSharpVersion(Uri address, Dictionary`2 headers, String body)
at System.ServiceModel.CSHTML5_ClientBase`1.WebMethodsCaller.CallWebMethod(String methodName, Type interfaceType, Type methodReturnType, Dictionary`2 originalRequestObject)
at System.ServiceModel.INTERNAL_WorkAroundIssueWithJSILAndDynamicUnderVs2015.CallWebMethod[RETURN_TYPE,INTERFACE_TYPE](CSHTML5_ClientBase`1 clientBase, String methodName, Dictionary`2 requestParameters)
at System.ServiceModel.INTERNAL_WorkAroundIssueWithJSILAndDynamicUnderVs2015.CallWebMethod_WithoutReturnValue[INTERFACE_TYPE](CSHTML5_ClientBase`1 clientBase, String methodName, Dictionary`2 requestParameters)
at TestCshtml5WCF.ServiceReference1.Service1Client.AddOrUpdateToDo(ToDoItem toDoItem) in C:\Users\Wes Johnson\Downloads\TestCshtml5WCF_for_CSHTML5_Beta12_2\TestCshtml5WCF\TestCshtml5WCF\obj\Debug\Service References\ServiceReference1\Reference.g.cs:line 319
at TestCshtml5WCF.MainPage.ButtonAddToDo_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Wes Johnson\Downloads\TestCshtml5WCF_for_CSHTML5_Beta12_2\TestCshtml5WCF\TestCshtml5WCF\MainPage.xaml.cs:line 55
at Windows.UI.Xaml.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
at Windows.UI.Xaml.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnPointerReleased(PointerRoutedEventArgs eventArgs)
at Windows.UI.Xaml.UIElement.OnPointerReleased(Object e)
at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Action`1 , Object )
at DotNetForHtml5.Core.INTERNAL_EventManager`2.OnEvent(Object e)
at DotNetForHtml5.Core.INTERNAL_EventManager`2.<StartListeningToDomEventsIfNotAlreadyListening>b__7(Object e)
at DotNetForHtml5.Core.INTERNAL_EventsHelper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<AttachToDomEvents>b__0(Object e)
at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Action`1 , Object )
at DotNetForHtml5.Core.HtmlEventProxy.<>c__DisplayClass4.<.ctor>b__2(Object s, EventArgsWithJSEventObject e)
at DotNetForHtml5.Core.HtmlEventProxy.<>c__DisplayClassa.<OnEvent>b__9()

I have verified that the WCF service is running by open the following page:

http://localhost:22316/

and I was able to load the content on the server and the correct page showing when I click the running service:
http://localhost:22316/Service1.svc

It also seems to be loading correctly. What is causing the To-Do Create Button to have the above error?

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:05 am

@Fuzioncode: Thanks for reporting this issue. We are going to investigate and fix it right away.

Regards,
JS-Support

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:14 am

@Fuzioncode: We are trying to reproduce the issue, but to no avail:
Does it happen in the Simulator, in the browser, or both?
Can you please do the following:
1. Re-download the sample from the link in the first post and try compiling again.
2. After compilation, please send me the content of the "Output" folder in a ZIP file (the folder that contains the generated JS/HTML files).
Thanks a lot.
Regards,
JS-Support

Fuzioncode

Postby Fuzioncode » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:42 pm

Okay, I have re-downloaded the original code and extracted the files and changed the startup to run the WCF service first and then launch the TestCshtml5WCF project. Same Error occurred again as shown below when I try to Add a To-Do. The output of the TestCshtml5WCF file is zipped and attached below as you requested. JavaScript error also occurs when trying to perform the same operation in the browser. Thanks ..

Error Occuring.PNG
Error Occuring.PNG (41.13 KiB) Viewed 18956 times
Attachments
Output.zip
(883.89 KiB) Downloaded 600 times

Fuzioncode

Postby Fuzioncode » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:04 am

I found another bug with this build. When I run the following conditional statement in the emulator then it evaluation the email Regex perfectly but after I wait for the browser output to finish and click on the button to open the actual Output in Google Chrome, then it doesn't evaluate the Regex correctly anymore. The Regex, I'm using is shown below:

if (!Regex.IsMatch(txtemail.Text, @"^[a-zA-Z][\w\.-]*[a-zA-Z0-9]@[a-zA-Z0-9][\w\.-]*[a-zA-Z0-9]\.[a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z\.]*[a-zA-Z]$"))
{
errormessage.Text = "Enter a valid email.";
txtemail.Focus();
}
Last edited by Fuzioncode on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Re: Beta 12.4 of C#/XAML for HTML5 released

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:05 am

@Fuzioncode: thanks. We are going to investigate this Regex issue.

Return to “Pre-Releases, Downloads and Announcements”