We are pleased to inform you that the Beta 11.18 of C#/XAML for HTML5 - the extension for Visual Studio that lets you build cross-platform HTML5 apps in standard C# and XAML - is available for download!
Learn More about C#/XAML for HTML5.
Here is what's new (since Beta 11.17):
- Ability to specify the location of the "Output" folder (the folder where the html/js app is generated), and ability to specify the Output folder structure. Documentation:
- New, cleaner "Output" folder structure, with only index.html and one folder.
You can revert to the previous structure, if you prefer, by following the instructions contained in the link above.
- Improved support for XDocument, XNode, XElement, XName, XText, and XContainer (including support for XDocument.Parse, and XDocument.ToString() to serialize/deserialize XML)
(Coming soon: XAttribute, XNamespace, Elements(), Descendants() - for the moment you can use .Nodes() instead)
Note: We are also working on the DataContractSerializer, which will use those features and work much better than the current implementation of the XmlSerializer. We are also working on a new implementation of the WCF stack, to fix some of the current limitations and improve the WCF experience. Stay tuned for updates!
- Fixed issue with WCF services returning void (on VS2015) (#721)
We are also working on many other features and we will release them as soon as they are ready.
You may also be interested to read:
- What's new in Beta 11.17 (XDocument)
- What's new in Beta 11.16 (Storyboard improvements)
- What's new in Beta 11.15
- What's new in Beta 11.14 (TextBlock Inlines/Runs)
- What's new in Beta 11.13
- What's new in Beta 11.12 (AutoCompleteBox,
- What's new in Beta 11.11 (Printing)
- What's new in Beta 11.10 (DockPanel,
- What's new in Beta 11.9 (Grid.RowSpan, Row.ColumnSpan)
- What's new in Beta 11.8
- What's new in Beta 11.7
- What's new in Beta 11.6
- What's new in Beta 11.5 (Silverlight Migration Wizard)
- What's new in Beta 11.4
- What's new in Beta 11.3
- What's new in Beta 11.2
- What's new in Beta 11.1
- What's new in Beta 11.0
Notes about installation:
- Before installing this update, it is recommended that you close all the open instances of Visual Studio.
- If for some reason you need to revert to the previous Beta, simply uninstall this one (from the Control Panel) and reinstall the previous Beta.
We hope you will enjoy this build! If you find any issues, please post them on the forums or send an email to email@example.com