We are pleased to inform you that the Beta 11.17 of C#/XAML for HTML5 - the extension for Visual Studio that lets you build cross-platform HTML5 apps in standard C# and XAML - is available for download!
Learn More about C#/XAML for HTML5.
Here is what's new (since Beta 11.16):
- Initial partial support for XDocument, XNode, XElement, XName, XText, and XContainer! (including support for XDocument.Parse, and XDocument.ToString() to serialize/deserialize XML!)
(Coming soon: XAttribute, XNamespace, Elements(), Descendants() - for the moment you can use .Nodes() instead)
Note: We are also working on the DataContractSerializer, which will use those features and work much better than the current implementation of the XmlSerializer. We are also working on a new implementation of the WCF stack, to fix some of the current limitations and improve the WCF experience. Stay tuned for updates!
- Fixed DataGridColumn.Visibility and ColumnDefinition.Visibility issues with the new CSS-based Grid Layout
- Fixed an issue that prevented multiple animations to target the same property (useful when they have a different BeginTime)
- Fixed an issue where a WCF web method that returned an "int" or another value type did not work (#659)
We are also working on many other features and we will release them as soon as they are ready.
You may also be interested to read:
- What's new in Beta 11.16 (Storyboard improvements)
- What's new in Beta 11.15
- What's new in Beta 11.14 (TextBlock Inlines/Runs)
- What's new in Beta 11.13
- What's new in Beta 11.12 (AutoCompleteBox,
- What's new in Beta 11.11 (Printing)
- What's new in Beta 11.10 (DockPanel,
- What's new in Beta 11.9 (Grid.RowSpan, Row.ColumnSpan)
- What's new in Beta 11.8
- What's new in Beta 11.7
- What's new in Beta 11.6
- What's new in Beta 11.5 (Silverlight Migration Wizard)
- What's new in Beta 11.4
- What's new in Beta 11.3
- What's new in Beta 11.2
- What's new in Beta 11.1
- What's new in Beta 11.0
Notes about installation:
- Before installing this update, it is recommended that you close all the open instances of Visual Studio.
- If for some reason you need to revert to the previous Beta, simply uninstall this one (from the Control Panel) and reinstall the previous Beta.
We hope you will enjoy this build! If you find any issues, please post them on the forums or send an email to email@example.com