We are pleased to inform you that the Beta 11.14 of C#/XAML for HTML5 - the extension for Visual Studio that lets you build cross-platform HTML5 apps in standard C# and XAML - is available for download!
Learn More about C#/XAML for HTML5.
Here is what's new (since Beta 11.13):
- TextBlock.Inlines and Runs (for rich text formatting, including support for: Bold, Italic, Underline, Hyperlink, LineBreak, Span, and Run) (see example below)
- Support for Relative Path in <Image Source="...">
- Support for "HtmlPage.Document.DocumentUri"
- Support for "Int32.CompareTo"
- Improved stability of the UI Preview in the XAML Editor
- Improved reliability of Negative Margins
- Improved accuracy of positioning of <Image> controls
- Fixed an issue with LinearGradientBrush that caused UI glitches depending on the coordinates
- Fixed an issue where TextBox.Text could be null if data-bound to a null value
- Fixed the default value of ScaleTransform.ScaleX and ScaleY, so that applying only one of the two does not produce incorrect results
- Fixed the error "TypeError: get_InnerException is not a function"
- Fixed JSIL error "untranslatable method" when using non-CSS-based grid layouts
- Fixed an issue that prevented elements from being centered inside a ScrollViewer
- Fixed an issue where the content of a ScrollViewer sometimes was left-aligned instead of centered
- Fixed a Grid exception that happened in some cases when using Grid.ColumnSpan
- Fixed an issue where binding to a null value could cause an exception
We are also working on many other features and we will release them as soon as they are ready.
Here is an example of use of the TextBlock.Inlines/Runs:
Code: Select all
<TextBlock Margin="10" TextWrapping="Wrap" HorizontalAlignment="Right">
This <Span FontWeight="Bold">is</Span> a
<Span Background="Silver" Foreground="Maroon">TextBlock</Span>
with <Span TextDecorations="Underline">several</Span>
<Span FontStyle="Italic">Span</Span> elements,
using a <Bold>variety</Bold> of <Italic>styles</Italic>
And here is a second example:
Code: Select all
<TextBlock TextWrapping="Wrap"><Span FontSize="20">This <Run>is</Run> a <Bold>test</Bold><LineBreak/>And <Hyperlink NavigateUri="http://www.cshtml5.com">here is a link</Hyperlink>. TextBlock with <Bold>bold</Bold>, <Italic>italic</Italic> and <Underline>underlined</Underline> text.<LineBreak/>This is a new line.</Span></TextBlock>
You may also be interested to read:
- What's new in Beta 11.13
- What's new in Beta 11.12 (AutoCompleteBox,
- What's new in Beta 11.11 (Printing)
- What's new in Beta 11.10 (DockPanel,
- What's new in Beta 11.9 (Grid.RowSpan, Row.ColumnSpan)
- What's new in Beta 11.8
- What's new in Beta 11.7
- What's new in Beta 11.6
- What's new in Beta 11.5 (Silverlight Migration Wizard)
- What's new in Beta 11.4
- What's new in Beta 11.3
- What's new in Beta 11.2
- What's new in Beta 11.1
- What's new in Beta 11.0
Notes about installation:
- Before installing this update, it is recommended that you close all the open instances of Visual Studio.
- If for some reason you need to revert to the previous Beta, simply uninstall this one (from the Control Panel) and reinstall the previous Beta.
We hope you will enjoy this build! If you find any issues, please post them on the forums or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org