Beta 11.13 of C#/XAML for HTML5 released

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Beta 11.13 of C#/XAML for HTML5 released

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:42 am

Dear users,

We are pleased to inform you that the Beta 11.13 of C#/XAML for HTML5 - the extension for Visual Studio that lets you build cross-platform HTML5 apps in standard C# and XAML - is available for download!

DOWNLOAD:
CSharpXamlForHtml5_v1_0_public_beta11_13.zip
(22.98 MiB) Downloaded 567 times

Learn More about C#/XAML for HTML5.

Here is what's new (since Beta 11.12):

• ClickCount (to handle double-click and triple-click)
  • {x:Null}
  • CheckBox.IsThreeState
  • Clipboard.SetText
  • Binding.FallbackValue and Binding.TargetNullValue
  • Repeating linear gradient brush and absolute coordinates
  • String.Insert, String.TrimStart, String.TrimEnd, StringBuilder.Insert
  • double.IsNegativeInfinity and double.IsPositiveInfinity
  • Convert.ToDateTime(string)
  • The browser blue text selection is temporarily disabled while dragging (ie. when mouse is captured)
  • Improved Silverlight Migration Wizard (now also copies images and other resources)
  • DragDropTarget improvements: fixed issue where single-clicking on an empty area raises an exception, the "Drag Forbidden" and "Drag Allowed" icons now refresh properly, and fast drag&drop now raises the events properly
  • Improved AutoCompleteBox
  • Fixed an issue that prevented building the project: a XAML file was set as "Page" rather than "Resource".
  • Fixed an issue where a null value in a dependency property was considered the same as if the dependency property was not set.

We are also working on many other features and we will release them as soon as they are ready.

You may also be interested to read:

Notes about installation:
  • Before installing this update, it is recommended that you close all the open instances of Visual Studio.
  • If for some reason you need to revert to the previous Beta, simply uninstall this one (from the Control Panel) and reinstall the previous Beta.

We hope you will enjoy this build! If you find any issues, please post them on the forums or send an email to support@cshtml5.com

Thank you.
Regards,
JS-Support

TaterJuice

Re: New Beta 11.13 released! [Download]

Postby TaterJuice » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:23 am

This build seems to have broken something. Built with 11.12, my program works as expected.
Now with this build, my collection bindings aren't updating as expected in the Simulator, and I get a new error in the JS output "TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined"
I have no idea what is causing these errors.

MiiMeldon

Postby MiiMeldon » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:12 pm

Thanks so much again for the continued work you do for the framework. Do you have a projected date for support for Visual Studio 2017?

Fuzioncode

Postby Fuzioncode » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:52 pm

Same Question? I thought that the next built would work with Visual Studio 2017 as noted from another post. How close are you from getting CSHTML5 to work with VS 2017?

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:04 am

@MiiMeldon and @Fuzioncode: we are working on VS 2017 support but there have been some obstacles due to the new extensibility system. The issues should be resolved soon, we expect it to be available in the coming weeks.

@TaterJuice: this sounds like a critical regression: do you have any suggestions on how we can attempt to reproduce the issue on our computers?

Thank you.
Regards,
JS-Support

TaterJuice

Re: Beta 11.13 of C#/XAML for HTML5 released

Postby TaterJuice » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:26 am

I've finally found the issue with binding! I'm sorry it took so long to reproduce. It seems that the problem is the following binding syntax "{Binding .}" in a PARENT control. This only seems to effect COLLECTION properties of the Datacontext. Other properties, like Strings and Integers, work with no issues.

I've created a sample solution to help reproduce the issue. Please download it from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wba0eerjqjj48 ... 5.zip?dl=0

This solution has 2 identical projects, one for CSHTML5 and one for WPF. This allows you to see the issue in CSHTML5, and the working\expected behavior in WPF.

The issue is: If a control uses the DataContext="{Binding ., Mode=OneWay}", then it's children don't get the new datacontext when the parent changes.
Again, this is only an issue in CSHTML5 - in a WPF application, the bindings work as expected. (see screenshots below)

I hope this helps!
Last edited by TaterJuice on Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Re: Beta 11.13 of C#/XAML for HTML5 released

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:31 am

@TaterJuice: Thank you very much. We are going to look into this.

Return to “Pre-Releases, Downloads and Announcements”