We are pleased to inform you that the Beta 11.10 of C#/XAML for HTML5 - the extension for Visual Studio that lets you build cross-platform HTML5 apps in standard C# and XAML - is available for download!
Click to Learn More about C#/XAML for HTML5.
Here is what's new since Beta 11.9:
- The default accessor of "OnApplyTemplate" is now "protected" (for best compatibility with UWP code), and "public" in SL Migration projects
- Fixed the OutOfMemoryException during compilation in case of large files (#630)
- Fixed the error "Cannot read property '_items' of null" when resizing the Showcase app with beta 11.9
- Fixed minor issues related to the Grid control
And here is what's new since Beta 11.8:
- Grid.RowSpan and ColumnSpan!
Note: in the Simulator and on older browsers (older browsers are browsers with a red color on this page), if a spanned element overlaps a non-spanned one, both elements are placed in the same cell. We will fix the Simulator in a future update.
- The Grid control has been revamped: on modern browsers (modern browsers are browsers with a non-red color on this page) it now uses the CSS Grid Layout instead of html <table>. This leads to:
- Better performance
- Fewer DOM elements
- Almost identical behavior as the MS XAML Grid!
- 3X faster DataGrid control
- Browser.Window.Navigate(uri) to navigate to a different HTML page
- Improved SL compatibility: use the "MouseRightButtonUp" event instead of "RightTapped"
You may also be interested to read:
- What's new in Beta 11.8
- What's new in Beta 11.7
- What's new in Beta 11.6
- What's new in Beta 11.5
- What's new in Beta 11.4
- What's new in Beta 11.3
- What's new in Beta 11.2
- What's new in Beta 11.1
- What's new in Beta 11.0
Notes about installation:
- Before installing this update, it is recommended that you close all the open instances of Visual Studio.
- If for some reason you need to revert to the previous Beta, simply uninstall this one (from the Control Panel) and reinstall the previous Beta.
We hope you will enjoy this build! If you find any issues, please post them on the forums or send an email to email@example.com