Beta 11.6 of C#/XAML for HTML5 released

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Beta 11.6 of C#/XAML for HTML5 released

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Fri May 05, 2017 11:21 am

Dear users,

We are pleased to inform you that the Beta 11.6 of C#/XAML for HTML5 - the extension for Visual Studio that lets you build cross-platform HTML5 apps in standard C# and XAML - is available for download!

Download:
CSharpXamlForHtml5_v1_0_public_beta11_6.zip
(22.83 MiB) Downloaded 552 times

Click to Learn More about C#/XAML for HTML5.

Here is what's new since Beta 11.5:

• Improved "Silverlight Migration Edition" compatibility:
    - Fixed the signature of the methods "VisualTreeHelper.GetChild", "GetChildrenCount", and "GetParent"
    - renamed "MouseButtonEventArgs" to "MouseEventArgs" and "MouseButtonEventHandler" to "MouseEventHandler" (for the mouse enter/move/leave events)
    - renamed "CapturePointer" and "ReleasePointerCapture" to "CaptureMouse" and "ReleaseMouseCapture", and fixed their arguments
    - renamed "VirtualKeyModifiers" to "ModifierKeys"
    - fixed the namespace of the "Key" and "DispatcherTimer" classes
  • Added support for DateTime.Ticks, DateTime.AddTicks, and DateTime.Millisecond
  • Added Tuple2<T1,T2,T3,T4,T5> and Tuple2<T1,T2,T3,T4,T5,T6>
  • Fixed an issue where too many web services and serializable classes resulted in the compilation error code 9020

Be sure to check out the screenshots of the new Silverlight Migration Wizard introduced in the previous Beta 11.5!

You may also be interested to read:

Notes about installation:
  • Before installing this update, it is recommended that you close all the open instances of Visual Studio.
  • If for some reason you need to revert to the previous Beta, simply uninstall this one (from the Control Panel) and reinstall the previous Beta.

We hope you will enjoy this build. If you find any issues, please post them on the forums or send an email to support@cshtml5.com

Thank you.
Regards,
JS-Support

Bahram

Re: New Beta 11.6 released! [Download]

Postby Bahram » Sat May 06, 2017 12:55 am

Just a bunch of renames :( :( :(
it feels like this project is not going to be usable soon!

zemorango

Postby zemorango » Sat May 06, 2017 3:40 am

I was a little disappointed, I expected more from this update, :cry: in my opinion is missing some essential components like calendars and datapickers, TreeView,Schedulers etc... I think you should focus on creating XAML components, that would make the Migration Easy. Almost all the people that follow this project is because of the fact that we want to port existing projects and also because we do not want to work with javascript or the DOM, The focus should be XAML components.
There is no TreeView , The migration wizard is far to make the job, the major problem are ColumnSpan and RowSpan, It require a lot of work to make the Migrated CSHTML Xaml Forms to Render correctly.

I use Telerik a lot, RadGridView, BusyIndicator, RabComboBox, RabLabel, RadTreeView, Maps, RadMaskedEdit, etc... the migration wizard should at least replace this components with the default ones in CSHTML5 like :

RadGridView -->DataGrid
RadComboBox --> Combobox

and so one........ :|

Of course I Can do it by hand, but why pay for a migration version is it doesn't do this or a least ask me something in the conversation process.

And what about the kendo ui typescript definitions import ? :?

And when Would I by able to move popup windows? why are they just not moveable?

I'm not saying that I don't believe in this project anymore but if we have to mix a lot of javascript components then the better is use a javascript framework with all the set of components already working instead.

I know it's easy for me to speak, I apreciate your work so mush that I have bought a licence, but I expected mush more from the migration wizard , still to mush work to do and few components to replace the telerik ones.

But That just my 50 cents

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Sat May 06, 2017 7:25 am

@zemorango and @Bahram:

Thanks for your feedback. We totally agree with you.

This week release is just an intermediate build. We release small updates like this one every 1 to 3 weeks.

We have bigger features that are under development and that will be released at a later time.

All the features that you mentioned, @zemorango, are on the roadmap and will be available in the coming months.

We also just hired an additional developer so we can accelerate the pace even further.

Momentum around the framework is growing, with more and more people contacting us, especially for migration purposes, and the framework now counting more than 11,000 registered users.

Lots of great things are coming in 2017.

Stay tuned!

Thanks again.

Regards,
JS-Support

TaterJuice

Postby TaterJuice » Sat May 06, 2017 10:01 am

@zemorango, @Bahram & @JS-Support
My 2 cents:
With XAML support still at 75% (or less) completeness, I don't think the Migration Wizard having 3rd party support (Telerik and Kendo UI) should be a high priority when I still have to roll my own ProgressBar control, when the designer still can't view styles defined in the App.xaml file, when I have to subclass controls and break MVVM patterns with code-behind because Style.Triggers aren't supported and the UserControl.SizeChanged event doesn't exist. I would be disappointed to see development time go to RadControls support before the XAML DatePicker is available.

That said, you can still build a fluid, professional application with this current beta, which I'm doing right now, but please don't shift your focus to third party components before core components are completed.

Thank you for the update! Keep up the good work!

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Sun May 07, 2017 2:36 am

Thank you @TaterJuice

zemorango

Postby zemorango » Sun May 07, 2017 2:30 pm

@TarterJuice

I agree with you, the focus should be XAML, not Javascript, that's what I'm saying, I don't want the radcontrols imported for now, I want is some basic xaml components to replace some of them, Even is the migration wizard doesn't do all the work at least we should have some equivalent xaml controls to replace them by hand.

@JsSuport
thanks for your reply, it's good to know that this project is still going strong, can't wait for some more good news :)
the C# html5 team is doing a great work, I just was hopping that It could go a litle faster :)

Thanks
zemorango

Return to “Pre-Releases, Downloads and Announcements”