We are pleased to inform you that the Beta 11.5 of C#/XAML for HTML5 (the extension for Visual Studio that lets you build cross-platform HTML5 apps in standard C# and XAML) is available for download!
Click to Learn More about C#/XAML for HTML5.
Here is what's new since Beta 11.4:
- New "Silverlight Migration Wizard"! (see screenshots below) (it can be accessed from the "Tool" menu of the Visual Studio IDE) (it only helps to prepare the projects, folders, and files: the rest of the migration still requires manual work, as explained in the Silverlight Migration Guide)
- Support for Nullable types in WCF and by the XmlSerializer
- Support for "KeyEventArgs.PlatformKeyCode" to get the key code as reported by the browser
- Improved DateTime support and serialization
- Improved the reliability of the "Storyboard.Completed" event
- Improved the reliability of Dictionary<> and HashSet2<> when adding and then removing a reference type
- Improved support for Nullable.Equals, including when the value is null, such as in: ((int?)null).Equals(45)
- Fixed an issue where default(DateTime) was equal to 01/01/1970 instead of 01/01/0001
- Fixed a crash that occurred when "DropShadowEffect.Opacity" was out of range
Here are some screenshots of the new Silverlight Migration Wizard, which can be accessed from the "Tool" menu of the Visual Studio IDE:
Please note that the Silverlight Migration Wizard only helps to prepare the projects, folders, and files. The rest of the migration still requires manual work, as explained in the Silverlight Migration Guide.
You may also be interested to read:
- What's new in Beta 11.4
- What's new in Beta 11.3
- What's new in Beta 11.2
- What's new in Beta 11.1
- What's new in Beta 11.0
Notes about installation:
- Before installing this update, it is recommended that you close all the open instances of Visual Studio.
- If for some reason you need to revert to the previous Beta, simply uninstall this one (from the Control Panel) and reinstall the previous Beta.
We hope you will enjoy this build. If you find any issues, please post them on the forums or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org