Beta 10.12 of C#/XAML for HTML5 released

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Beta 10.12 of C#/XAML for HTML5 released

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:53 am

Dear CSHTML5 users,

We are pleased to inform you that the Beta 10.12 of CSHTML5 is available for download!

Download:
CSharpXamlForHtml5_v1_0_public_beta10_12.zip
(22.75 MiB) Downloaded 420 times

Note: This is a pre-release build of the upcoming Beta 11.

Please tell us which feature(s) you like the most by clicking the following link:
POLL: Vote for the feature(s) that you like the most in the upcoming Beta 11!

Here is what's new since Beta 10.11:

• Much improved HtmlPresenter control, now supports direct content! It lets you very easily place custom HTML code inside your XAML. See an example and the documentation here.
  • Support for animating attached properties (for example to animate Canvas.Left and Canvas.Top)
  • Improved the appearance of non-native ComboBox (<ComboBox UseNativeComboBox="False"/>) (Fixed the arrow icon)
  • Support for scientific notation (such as 1.7E-06) in PathGeometry and Path.Data
  • Improved the rendering accuracy of the <Path/> control
  • Improved the XAML Inspector (in the Simulator) so that it is possible to enter multiple lines in properties of type "string"
  • New "Migration Tip" for the not-yet-supported "TransformGroup" (please use "CompositeTransform" instead)
  • Fixed programmatically setting the value of a PasswordBox
  • Fixed binding to attached properties defined in a UserControl
  • Fixed binding with "ElementName" when no path was provided
  • Fixed regression of 10.11 that broke the VisualStateManager when declared in XAML

You may also be interested to read:
- What's new in Beta 10.11
- What's new in Beta 10.10
- What's new in Beta 10.9
- What's new in Beta 10.8
- What's new in Beta 10.7
- What's new in Beta 10.6
- What's new in Beta 10.5
- What's new in Beta 10.4
- What's new in Beta 10.3
- What's new in Beta 10.2
- What's new in Beta 10.1

Notes about installation:
  • Before installing this update, it is recommended that you close all the open instances of Visual Studio.
  • If for some reason you need to revert to the previous Beta, simply uninstall this one (from the Control Panel) and reinstall the previous Beta.

We hope you will enjoy this build. If you find any issues, please post them on the forums or send an email to support@cshtml5.com

Thank you.
Regards,
JS-Support

tomny

Re: New Beta 10.12 released! [Download]

Postby tomny » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:57 am

Hi team,

Thanks for releasing the new version. When to support vs2017? After testing, vs2017 xaml editor is really very easy to use.

In addition, we really need several good-looking themes. (Like silverlight toolkit theme). Can I provide it in beta 11? Thank you!

Regards,
Tomny

TaterJuice

Postby TaterJuice » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:58 am

ListBox SelectedItem Background Colors appear broken in this build. I can't get even a simple Listbox to show me the system-default background colors when selecting an item. The Items instead allow me to select their text as if they were a Listbox.

It doesn't seem to matter if I set the SelectedItemBackground property or not, selecting an item from the Listbox no longer changes its background color.

Combobox selected Item colors still work. Seems to just be a ListBox issue.

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:37 am

TaterJuice wrote:ListBox SelectedItem Background Colors appear broken in this build. I can't get even a simple Listbox to show me the system-default background colors when selecting an item. The Items instead allow me to select their text as if they were a Listbox.

It doesn't seem to matter if I set the SelectedItemBackground property or not, selecting an item from the Listbox no longer changes its background color.

Combobox selected Item colors still work. Seems to just be a ListBox issue.

Dear TaterJuice,
We are unable to reproduce the issue. This is what we have tested:
1. Create a new project of type C#/XAML for HTML5 "Sample - Controls Showcase"
2. Open the file Page1_Controls.xaml and add "SelectedItemBackground" to the ListBox. More precisely, you should replace the following line:

<ListBox x:Name="ListBox1" DisplayMemberPath="Name" SelectedValuePath="ImagePath" VerticalAlignment="Top" SelectionMode="Single" BorderThickness="1" BorderBrush="LightGray"/>

with this one:

<ListBox x:Name="ListBox1" DisplayMemberPath="Name" SelectedValuePath="ImagePath" VerticalAlignment="Top" SelectionMode="Single" BorderThickness="1" BorderBrush="LightGray" SelectedItemBackground="Red"/>

3. Run the project, click "OK", click "Controls", and test the ListBox: as you can see, when you select an item, its background changes.

Can you please tell me if the steps above produce the same result on your computer, and how to modify the steps above to reproduce your issue?

Thanks a lot.
Regards,
JS-Support

TaterJuice

Postby TaterJuice » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:42 pm

JS-Support wrote:
Dear TaterJuice,
We are unable to reproduce the issue. This is what we have tested:
Can you please tell me if the steps above produce the same result on your computer, and how to modify the steps above to reproduce your issue?

Thanks a lot.
Regards,
JS-Support

Thanks for the quick reply. I tested with the sample application and it worked.

I've found the issue presents itself only when binding to the ListBox's ItemsSource property. When Binding to the ItemsSource, the ListBox lets me select the actual text of the items, instead of selecting an actual item. I've included a screenshot, and a sample application for you to test. It looks like its rendering differently when using a databinding.

Sample Application Screenshot

Sample application Source
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aiq31ykybsm3hf0/Application1.zip?dl=0

I've also tried using the Tapped event on a child element to set the ListBox.SelectedItem in code-behind, and it does set the selected item (I can see it in Intellisense) but it still fails to draw the background color.

PS. This is not an issue with the current public release available from your main site.

UPDATE:
In my ViewModel, if I change my ObservableCollection<String> to an ObservableCollection<ListBoxItem>, it works. It looks like the DataBound collection is not rendering the ListBoxItems appropriately.
Switching back to ObservableCollection<string>, I've tried using the ListBox.ItemTemplate to wrap the items in <ListBoxItem> tags in XAML, but that fails to display the background color again.

Sample Screenshot 2

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:19 pm

Thank you TaterJuice for the details.

The issue has now been fixed in Beta 11.0, which will be released before the end of this week.

Regards,
JS-Support

Return to “Pre-Releases, Downloads and Announcements”