We are pleased to inform you that the Beta 10.8 of CSHTML5 is available for download!
Here is what's new since Beta 10.7:
- Improved Silverlight Migration Edition: keyboard and mouse events now have same name and signature as in SL ("MouseLeftButtonDown" instead of "PointerPressed", etc.), IValueConverter has same signature as in SL, GetPosition works like in SL, the visual states are more similar to SL, and many more compatibility improvements with Silverlight.
- Keyboard.Modifiers and ability to get the key modifiers (such as ctrl, shift) in the key and mouse event handlers
- Support for Byte Array serialization and deserialization, and ability to pass byte arrays in WPF SOAP web service calls
- Ability to load an image from a byte array, where the byte array contains the bytes of a JPG or PNG file.
Note: in case of large images, it is still recommended to load the image from a URL instead of a byte array/stream, to ensure the best memory consumption and performance.
- Support for Decoder.GetChars(), Decoder.GetCharCount(), and Encoding.GetDecorder(), as documented here
- DataGridColumn.Visibility (Ability to show/hide individual columns in the DataGrid)
- FrameworkElement.GetBindingExpression, BindingExpression.UpdateSource(), BindingExpression.DataItem, BindingExpression.ParentBinding
- Changed the namespace of the "HtmlPresenter" control so that it is now accessible from the default namespace
- Fixed "NotifyOnValidationException": it now walks up the visual tree to call all the "BindingValidationError" events that it finds
- Fixed CompositeTransform, where transforms were performed in the wrong order, and fixed the default value of RenderTransormOrigin, supposed to be (0,0) (thanks Nick)
- Fixed runtime XAML inspector exceptions related to null default properties
Big thanks to Azzly.com for funding many of the features above!
Here is a sample client/server project that demonstrates the passing of a byte array to load an image downloaded from a WCF SOAP web service:
You may also be interested to read:
- What's new in Beta 10.7
- What's new in Beta 10.6
- What's new in Beta 10.5
- What's new in Beta 10.4
- What's new in Beta 10.3
- What's new in Beta 10.2
- What's new in Beta 10.1
Notes about installation:
- Before installing this update, it is recommended that you close all the open instances of Visual Studio.
- If for some reason you need to revert to the previous Beta, simply uninstall this one (from the Control Panel) and reinstall the previous Beta.
We hope you will enjoy this build!
If you find any issues, please post them on the forums or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org