Beta 10.4 of C#/XAML for HTML5 released

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Beta 10.4 of C#/XAML for HTML5 released

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:26 am

Dear CSHTML5 users,

We are pleased to inform you that the Beta 10.4 of CSHTML5 is available for download!

You will find it in the "Attachments" section after this message.

2016.11.21 - Silverlight Migration Edition project templates - new.png
2016.11.21 - Silverlight Migration Edition project templates - new.png (41.83 KiB) Viewed 12922 times

Here is what's new since Beta 10.3:

• New "Silverlight Migration Edition" that makes it even easier to migrate Silverlight apps to HTML!

You can read more about it at: http://cshtml5.com/links/sl-migration-edition.aspx
  • Improved "HtmlCanvas" control for high-performance interactive graphics. Added support to events for the elements that you put inside the HtmlCanvas (PointerPressed, PointerReleased, PointerMoved, PointerEntered, PointerExited, RightTapped), as well as ToolTip and ContextMenu.
    You can read the corresponding documentation at: http://cshtml5.com/links/how-to-use-the-html5-canvas.aspx
  • Support for Stack<T>.ToArray()

You may also be interested to read:
- What's new in Beta 10.3
- What's new in Beta 10.2
- What's new in Beta 10.1

Notes about installation:
  • Before installing this update, it is recommended that you close all the open instances of Visual Studio.
  • If for some reason you need to revert to the previous Beta, simply uninstall this one (from the Control Panel) and reinstall the previous Beta.

We hope you will enjoy this build!

If you find any issues, please post them on the forums or send an email to support@cshtml5.com

Thank you.
Regards,
JS-Support
Attachments
CSharpXamlForHtml5_v1_0_public_beta10_4.zip
(22.6 MiB) Downloaded 512 times

zemorango

Re: New Beta 10.4 released! [Download]

Postby zemorango » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:29 am

Hi Js-support,

I usualy feel very happy with all the new releases, but I didn't see much changes with this migration version :( ,I don't understand the goal.
I mean... I've been doing the migration of some small projects by hand, I tought this migration version will give me some kind of advantage but I have to do all by hand in the same way I use to do.... So...Unless I'm doing something wrong or didn't understand the concept, this new feature is not bringing nothing new. :?

Best regards

zemorango

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:34 am

zemorango wrote:I've been doing the migration of some small projects by hand, I tought this migration version will give me some kind of advantage but I have to do all by hand in the same way I use to do.... So...Unless I'm doing something wrong or didn't understand the concept, this new feature is not bringing nothing new. :?

Thanks zemorango for checking it out.

We will be adding more and more features to make the migration easier, including possibly a "Migration Wizard" that will help create the projects with the C# files being added "As Link" while the XAML files are copied, and more.

In the current Beta 10.4 release, you can already benefit from the fact that the namespaces have been changed so that they are the same as in Silverlight (when using one of the new "Silverlight Migration Edition" project templates). In other words, you no longer have to modify the "usings" of your C# classes when migrating your Silverlight apps. Can you please confirm that this feature works fine on your computer?

Thanks again.

Regards,
JS-Support

zemorango

Postby zemorango » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:58 am

Hi Js-Support,

Ok, so this migration version is just version 1, I'm look foward for the next releases, :D
and yes I confirm that the Namespaces are just like the silverlight projects, is working :)

ps: One thing that the future migration wizard should have is a way to change rowspan and columnspan to nested grids, I would save a huge amont of time, also tags like <telerik:Radbutton or <telerik:Label or any other non standard silverlight XAML component should be transformed to <button or <textBlock, the migration kit should have some kind of dicionary with this tags and be smart enought to do the replacement or sugest that replacement in the XAML file, this is just one idea... what do you think?

Regards

zemorango

footnick

Postby footnick » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:58 pm

Personally I think that rather than spending time on migration wizards it would be better to continue to implement missing features so that we can migrate more of the project. Keep up the good work guys!

Return to “Pre-Releases, Downloads and Announcements”