We are pleased to inform you that the Beta 8.4 of CSHTML5 is available for download!
You will find it in the "Attachments" section after this message.
New Features and bug fixes since Beta 8.3 include:
- Runtime Visual Tree Inspector! (inspired by the amazing work the XAML Spy team) It lets you navigate the UI elements at runtime and even change their properties on the fly!
Other new features and bug fixes include:
- Fixed Chrome for Android compatibility
- Fixed WCF Encoding issues (characters other than English were not encoded properly, and could cause WCF to not function properly)
- Fixed Serialization encoding issues
- Fixed Canvas.SetLeft and Canvas.SetTop for elements that have a ControlTemplate, such as buttons (this was a regression introduced in one of the previous Beta's)
- Fixed StrokeThickness
- Fixed DropShadowEffect on older IE browsers
- Fixed setDashLine errors on older IE browsers
- "HorizontalContentAlignment" and "VerticalContentAlignment" now default to Center like on other XAML platforms
- Improved reliability of animations inside a ControlTemplate
- Improved layout of controls inside a Grid that has Width and Height specified in pixels, and that has only one column and row
You may also be interested to read:
- What's new in the previous Beta 8.2
- What's new in the previous Beta 8.3
Notes about installation:
- Before installing this update, it is recommended that you close all the open instances of Visual Studio.
- If for some reason you need to revert to the previous Beta, simply uninstall this one (from the Control Panel) and reinstall the previous Beta.
We hope you will enjoy this build!
If you find any issues, please post them on the forums or send an email to email@example.com