We are pleased to inform you that the Beta 8.3 of CSHTML5 is available for download!
You will find it in the "Attachments" section after this message.
New Features and bug fixes since Beta 8.2 include:
- Brand new Simulator! (read new features below)
- Much, much faster compilation! (up to 20X faster) The simulator will appear after a few seconds. The generation of JS and HTML files will continue in the background.
- Simulator feature: Ability to choose "Desktop" as a possible choice of "display size", which makes the window much larger and resizable!
- Simulator feature: The "display size" is persisted, so when you restart the Simulator you get the same display size as before.
- Support for LinearGradientBrush!
- Support for StrokeDashArray (except in the Simulator)
- Fixed issues with animations in the Simulator ("Velocity.js not defined")
- Added sample animation to the Showcase app (to see it, create a new project of type "Showcase", run it, click "Other", and scroll to the "Animations" section)
- Ability to launch Storyboards/Animations programmatically with Storyboard.Begin()
- A warning is displayed when a WCF service reference is not configured properly
- Ability to define colors in XAML using the syntax <Color R="255" G="255" B="255"/>, and new String to Byte converter for XAML types
- Removed misleading warning "new protected member declared in sealed class"
- Fixed ExponentialEase with EaseInOut
- Fixed an issue that caused the <ContentPresenter/> to not display the content in some situations
- Fixed an issue where the StrokeThickness had an influence on the size of a Shape even when Stroke was null
- Fixed an issue where a Style with a ColorAnimation would change the color of all the elements that used that Style instead of just the current element
- Fixed an issue that caused animations to not find their target in some situations
You may also be interested to read What's new in the previous Beta 8.2.
Notes about installation:
- Before installing the update, it is recommended that you close all the open instances of Visual Studio.
- If for some reason you need to revert to the previous Beta, simply uninstall this one (from the Control Panel) and reinstall the previous Beta.
We hope you will enjoy this build!
If you find any issues, please post them on the forums or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org