We are pleased to announce the release of C#/XAML for HTML5 v1.0 PREVIEW 6!
Here is what's new since the previous release:
- Progress bar when loading your app in the web browser
- 2X faster loading time and much smaller footprint: Produced HTML/JS files are 50% smaller, load faster, and consume less memory
- Improved intellisense: names declared with "x:Name" in XAML now appear correctly in C# code-behind. Also fixed the "InitializeComponent" design-time errors.
- New menu in the Simulator to choose the display size (iPhone, iPad) and the orientation (Landscape, Portrait)
- New "SizeChanged" event to listen to display orientation changes or navigator window resize ("Window.Current.SizeChange")
- New item templates to create new classes and user controls with best compatibility
- Support for "System.Diagnostics.Debug" ("WriteLine", "Assert", etc.) (messages appear in the "Output" pane of VS when running the Simulator, and in the Developer Tools "Console" window when running inside the web browser).
- Added Window.Current.Bounds to get the current Display Size (e.g. 320x480 on the iPhone)
- Improved compatibility with IE10 and IE for Windows Phone 8.0
- Support for LostFocus and GotFocus events
- Improved support for the Grid control (note: "RowSpan" and "ColumnSpan" are not yet supported -> please consider nesting a Grid inside another Grid to work around this limitation)
- Added "Loading" message when launching the app in the Simulator for better feedback on what is happening
- Ability to select text during runtime for easy copy/paste
- Many bug fixes and reliability improvements
Please give us feedback. You can either post here on the forums, or you can send us a private email (you will find the email address at: http://www.userware-solutions.com/about-us/contact.aspx )
Thanks a lot for using C#/XAML for HTML5.