We are pleased to inform you that the Beta 7.3 of CSHTML5 is available for download!
UPDATE: Link removed because a newer beta has been released
The main new features since Beta 7.2 are the support for ControlTemplates, for ResX resources, and for embedding JS/CSS files!
New Features and bug fixes since Beta 7.2:
- ControlTemplates, Storyboards, Animations (only discrete key frames with ObjectAnimationUsingKeyFrames are supported for the moment), VisualStateManager, OnApplyTemplate, TemplateBinding
- New default appearance for buttons (now with mouseover/mousepressed support), that can be customized by specifying a template
- ResX resource files support
- "MemberInfo.GetCustomAttributes" method
- Ability to embed JS and CSS files to your project (you must set their "Build Action" to "Resource"), and reference them via the "ms-appx://AssemblyName/Folder/Filename.js" syntax (see announcement of previous Beta 7.2 for details). This is very useful for example to create offline 3rd party extensions.
- Added "Tuple2" and "HashSet2" classes (to temporarily make up for the lack of the native ones)
- "HorizontalContentAlignment" and "VerticalContentAlignment" in the "Control" class.
- Support for prefixes inside the "TargetType" property.
- Fixed an issue with the PasswordBox that prevented the MaxLength from working properly
- Fixed an issue that caused DataTemplates to be removed from the XAML Designer during design-time
You may also be interested to read the changelog of the previous Beta 7.2.
Notes about installation:
- Before installing the update, it is recommended that you close all the open instances of Visual Studio.
- If for some reason you need to revert to the previous Beta, simply uninstall this one (from the Control Panel) and reinstall the previous Beta.
We hope you will enjoy this build!
If you find any issues, please post them on the forums or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org