Contemplating creating an app using C#/XAML and have a few questions

Please post public support tickets here. Note: for private support tickets, please send an email to support@cshtml5.com instead.
Mark Stega

Contemplating creating an app using C#/XAML and have a few questions

Postby Mark Stega » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:31 pm

I am evaluating creating a web based app using C#/XAML that is loosely based upon a legacy Silverlight app. I am not worried about namespace changes since those are easy bulk edits. For various reasons I don't want to port the SL app directly.

I am missing a few key concepts:

1) In SL I reference a lot of resources that have dictionary keys defined in app.xaml such as

Code: Select all

<infrastructureMVVMFrameworkHelpers:ResourceWrapper x:Key="ResourceWrapper" />

<infrastructureMVVMFrameworkViewModel:ViewModelLocator x:Key="VMLocator" />

and then consume them in XAML as

Code: Select all

DataContext="{Binding Source={StaticResource VMLocator}, Path=FindShared[MainPageViewModel]}">

<TextBlock x:Name="ApplicationNameTextBlock"
                              Style="{StaticResource ApplicationNameStyle}"
                              Text="{Binding Path=ApplicationStrings.ApplicationName, Source={StaticResource ResourceWrapper}}" />

It doesn't appear that app.xaml is processed/used in the same fashion. Can you point to examples/documentation?

2) In SL there exists the navigation frame; in UWP there is the NavigationView; I haven't been able to find the equivalent functionality in C#/XAML; Can you point to examples?

3) Do I understand the roadmap correctly in that the current MSIL C# to JS transpiler will be replaced (in time) with a C# to Web Assembly transpiler?

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Re: Contemplating creating an app using C#/XAML and have a few questions

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:57 am

Hi,
Sorry we are short staffed this week, please expect a reply in the coming days.
Thanks
JS-Support

Return to “Technical Support”