using jQuery v2.2.3 ?

Please post public support tickets here. Note: for private support tickets, please send an email to support@cshtml5.com instead.
Sesztak

using jQuery v2.2.3 ?

Postby Sesztak » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:17 am

Dear JS-Support,

Q1: is it possible to use jQuery with CSHTML 5 v2.2.3 as external js lib (by Interop.LoadJavaScriptFile(...))?

Is there any conflict with your 'build in' libraries ?
e.g. velocity.js with jQuery Shim (1.0.1)?

Q2: what is the order of load your 'build in' libraries and Interop.LoadJavaScriptFile(...) ?
Would you be so kind to clarify this.

Let me advise, to put this kind of information in your documentation (e.g. Dependencies..)

Thanks in advance,
Br,
Péter

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Re: using jQuery v2.2.3 ?

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:46 am

Sesztak wrote:Q1: is it possible to use jQuery with CSHTML 5 v2.2.3 as external js lib (by Interop.LoadJavaScriptFile(...))?
Is there any conflict with your 'build in' libraries ?
e.g. velocity.js with jQuery Shim (1.0.1)?

Yes it is possible. There is not going to be any conflict with the build in libraries because they do not use jQuery. We use Velocity.js without jQuery.

Sesztak wrote:Q2: what is the order of load your 'build in' libraries and Interop.LoadJavaScriptFile(...) ?
Would you be so kind to clarify this.

The built-in libraries are loaded before any call to Interop.LoadJavaScriptFile.

Normally the calls to Interop.LoadJavaScriptFile should be awaited, but some recent tests have shown that there may an issue that causes the call to not be properly awaited. We are going to revamp the way the libraries are added to a project very soon. I'll keep you updated.

Sesztak wrote:Let me advise, to put this kind of information in your documentation (e.g. Dependencies..)

Thanks. We are going to put it in the documentation as soon as we finish the revamp.

Regards,
JS-Support

Sesztak

Re: using jQuery v2.2.3 ?

Postby Sesztak » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:02 pm

thanks for your clarification :)

Return to “Technical Support”