DoubleAnimation on Height Property

Please post public support tickets here. Note: for private support tickets, please send an email to support@cshtml5.com instead.
ccreeves

DoubleAnimation on Height Property

Postby ccreeves » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:29 pm

Hello,

Is DoubleAnimation on a Height property supported in CSHTML5?

Code: Select all

<Storyboard x:Key="AnimationToOpen">
                <DoubleAnimation Duration="0:0:1" To="500" Storyboard.TargetProperty="Height" Storyboard.TargetName="SlideUpView">
                    <DoubleAnimation.EasingFunction>
                        <CircleEase EasingMode="EaseOut"/>
                    </DoubleAnimation.EasingFunction>
                </DoubleAnimation>
            </Storyboard>

No animation occurs, but it does change the element's height property to the correct value.

I'm trying to make a grid that slides up from the bottom and fills the view. But likewise I think I would face the same issue if I wanted to make a grid appear from the side (sidebar).

Since the above didn't work, I tried to use the approach in your showcase and utilized TranslateY in the animation. This requires me to hide the grid outside of the current view (e.g. Vertically align bottom and use negative bottom margin equal to height of grid) and translate the Y coordinate negatively to bring it into view. The animation works but the negative bottom margin is ignored initially (stays in view during runtime even though it's hidden in XAML editor).

Maybe you have some idea on how to accomplish this in current state of CSHTML5?

Also, being able to construct/run animations from code would be great. I see we can almost do this but the storyboard children property is read only. Reason this would be helpful is that due to different client device resolutions I do not always know the "to" value of an animation at design-time. Supporting binding in the animation would also accomplish which in my experience did not work currently either.

Thanks!
Chris

juanpablogc

Re: DoubleAnimation on Height Property

Postby juanpablogc » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:56 pm

Is there any news about this issue? I am using to animate the Width of a grid, and it goes from one to another value, but there is no animation. 

To make a workaround, I will use a dispatchertimer and let's see.

Return to “Technical Support”