[solved] WCF/WebService call Simulator vs. Browser: call is not performed in browser.

Please post public support tickets here. Note: for private support tickets, please send an email to support@cshtml5.com instead.
xidea

[solved] WCF/WebService call Simulator vs. Browser: call is not performed in browser.

Postby xidea » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:43 am

Hello,

trying to implement webservice calls to a WCF service, I'm stuck with what seems a bug in the serialization functions, or something regarding JILS System.IO.MemoryStream implementation (but I think the error is not really related to MemoryStream).

My program runs fine in the simulator, but no way to made it working in the browser. The webservice call is never performed (there is a try/catch in the java that catches an undefined error at the webservice method call an so the execution continue without exceptions.

This is where the javascript fails:

MAP-0033.jpg
MAP-0033.jpg (293.61 KiB) Viewed 4375 times

Please verify if a webservice is normally callable from within the browser, and give me some clue to catch up the reason of this fault.

It seems the problem is not related to any response header, because the communication level is not reached: the application stops before performing the request, so that no feedback in Fiddle and no requests or responses in the Chrome debugging tool.

Many thanks in advance

Regards,

Flavio

xidea

Re: [solved] WCF/WebService call Simulator vs. Browser: call is not performed in browser.

Postby xidea » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:30 pm

Solved! Created a new project and copied all files in it. Maybe the project was corrupted in some way. It's not the first time, when something goes wrong and there's no clear reasons, starting a new project solves.

Thank anyway

Flavio

Return to “Technical Support”