[Feature Suggestion] Styles for Border, Textblock [DONE]

Please post public support tickets here. Note: for private support tickets, please send an email to support@cshtml5.com instead.
alexstyl

[Feature Suggestion] Styles for Border, Textblock [DONE]

Postby alexstyl » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:07 pm

Hi guys,

I'm trying to set the BorderBrush, BorderThickness in Border and FontWeight in TextBlock. As these properties were not available via the intellisense, I created a couple of Styles to change the property values and it seemed to work initially as the designer showed me the Border and TextBlock with the new values.

Alas, when tried to build, I get Error message: "Error 9 C#/XAML for HTML5: XamlPreprocessor (pass 2) failed: Property "FontWeight" not found in type "Windows.UI.Xaml.Controls.TextBlock"

Do you know why this is? Does this mean that these properties are not supported yet? (despite them being supported by the designer)

Many thanks

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Re: Styles for Border, Textblock

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:27 am

Hello Alexstyl,

Thanks for your message.

Those properties are not supported yet in the Beta 2. I have just increased their priority in our backlog, so you can expect them to be implemented in the very next build. If you have other properties that you need urgently just let us know (or feel free to suggest them on cshtml5.uservoice.com).

The reason why the designer does not complain about those properties is that the designer is currently based on WPF and supports all the features that WPF supports. However, as you mentioned, unsupported properties do not appear in the intellisense and they are underlined in red in the XAML code. Most importantly, they do not compile.

As a result of your feedback, we are going to improve the designer in the future so that it does not render unsupported properties at all.

Thanks again and please keep posting on the forums.

Regards,
JS-Support

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Re: Styles for Border, Textblock

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:10 am

Hi,

I am pleased to inform you that the properties that you requested have now been implemented. You will find them in the latest beta (Beta 3 and above).

You can now use FontFamily, FontWeight, Border.Thickness, and Border.BorderBrush in a CSHTML5 project.

Thank,
JS-Support

Return to “Technical Support”