ChildWindow [CLOSED]

Please post public support tickets here. Note: for private support tickets, please send an email to support@cshtml5.com instead.
hamej

ChildWindow [CLOSED]

Postby hamej » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:33 am

How do I create a ChildWindow similiar to in Silverlight? F.ex as a popup login window.

More general: I suppose, that when working with C#/XAML, when I use Create New Item, I can only use those under C#/XAML? In other words: I cannot mix with other kinds of items.

Regards

Harald Mejlholm

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Re: ChildWindow

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:58 am

Hello Harald,

I suppose, that when working with C#/XAML, when I use Create New Item, I can only use those under C#/XAML? In other words: I cannot mix with other kinds of items.

Yes, you are right, when you add a new item to the project, you can only add the items under the "C#/XAML for HTML5" section of the "Add New Item" dialog of Visual Studio.

How do I create a ChildWindow similiar to in Silverlight? F.ex as a popup login window.

Support for popups and ChildWindow is coming in early 2016.

In the meantime, you can do the same as in the sample Showcase application, that is, to use a Grid and change the Visibility of the foremost element to simulate a popup. You can see it in action by launching the Showcase application: you will notice that the "Welcome" screen is like a non-movable child window. To see the source code of the Showcase application, click "New Project" -> "C#/XAML for HTML5" -> "Showcase".

Regards,
JS-Support

Return to “Technical Support”