Won't work on IOS - How to diagnose

Please post public support tickets here. Note: for private support tickets, please send an email to support@cshtml5.com instead.
rkmore

Won't work on IOS - How to diagnose

Postby rkmore » Tue May 03, 2016 5:31 am

My web app won't come up under any browser under latest IOS (I tried Safari, Chrome, and FireFox),

I just get a message box that says "Undefined"

Works fine on Chrome for Android, MS Edge for Windows Phone, Amazon Silk, and Samsung browsers. Just not any browser on IOS.

How can I diagnose what is going on?

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Re: Won't work on IOS - How to diagnose

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Thu May 05, 2016 12:53 am

Hi,

To diagnose what is going on, you need a way to read the browser "Console" output. There, you will see the exact line number of filename of the location that raised the exception.

To do so, with Safari for iOS, there are 2 ways:

• If you have a Mac, you can launch the XCode iOS Simulator and navigate to your CSHTML5-made website/app from the Safari of that Emulator. You then have access to the full Web Inspector. Alternatively, you can connect your iOS device to your mac and remotely debug using the Web Inspector tools of Safari for Mac OS. With the Web Inspector you can then see the full stacktrace, debug, attach breakpoints, inspect variables, and more. You can find a tutorial here.

• Without a computer, you can just use the "Firebug Lite" bookmarklet. The idea here is that you put some piece of JavaScript code into a Bookmark on your iOS Safari, then you navigate to your CSHTML5-made website/app, and then you click that bookmark, which causes the Firebug Lite debugging tools to appear as a popup inside the iOS Safari. You can use those tools to see what's in the "Console" output. You can find a tutorial here.

Regards,
JS-Support

Return to “Technical Support”