Side by side install?

Please post public support tickets here. Note: for private support tickets, please send an email to support@cshtml5.com instead.
rkmore

Side by side install?

Postby rkmore » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:20 am

I need to revert to 7.2 since code created with 8 simply does not work on Chrome for Android (JSIL.Core has errors, sent you a ticket via email) but I would like to continue to experiment with the new features in anticipation of it eventually being resolved.

How can I install 7.2 and 8 side by side?

RKM

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Re: Side by side install?

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:18 am

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue about Chrome for Android.

We are looking into it.

Having 2 versions side-by-side is possible but is a bit complicated. Here is how to do it. Let's assume that you currently have Beta 8 installed, and you want to side-install Beta 7.2. Here are the steps:
1) Rename the folder CSharpXamlForHtml5 that is located inside C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\
This will prevent the uninstaller from deleting it.
2) Uninstall the Beta 8
3) Install the Beta 7.2. This will cause all your projects to use the Beta 7.2 by default.
4) if you have a project where you want to experiment with the new features of Beta 8, manually edit the .CSPROJ file with a text editor. At the end of the file you will see a line that points to the folder that you have renamed at step (1). Just change that path so that it points to the renamed folder, which contains the files of Beta 8.

Regards,
JS-Support

Return to “Technical Support”