When run in browser, I get prompted for allowing script or ActiveX. What is it wanting?

Please post public support tickets here. Note: for private support tickets, please send an email to support@cshtml5.com instead.
mltiede

When run in browser, I get prompted for allowing script or ActiveX. What is it wanting?

Postby mltiede » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:49 am

Does the running in the browser require an ActiveX library? I'm not sure why it is prompting. If I say to allow it, it goes on and runs, but I'm not sure all of our customers would allow this.

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Re: When run in browser, I get prompted for allowing script or ActiveX. What is it wanting?

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:30 am

Hello,

No, do not worry, no ActiveX is needed. The generated files are pure cross-platform HTML/Javascript files. No plugins are required on the end-user machine.

The reason why Internet Explorer warns about scripts or ActiveX content is because you are opening the files from your local file system (ie. the URL starts with "file:///"). Internet Explorer does the same for any other HTML/JS file, not just those created with CSHTML5.

Once you publish the files to an online location (or even "http://localhost"), you will no longer get the warning.

Regards,
JS-Support

Return to “Technical Support”