INotifyPropertyChanged and System.dll [SOLVED]

Please post public support tickets here. Note: for private support tickets, please send an email to support@cshtml5.com instead.
mltiede

INotifyPropertyChanged and System.dll [SOLVED]

Postby mltiede » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 am

I created a C# Xaml for HTML5 application.

Then I created a second project in Oxygene. That project defined a viewmodel with a property with change notification.

Then I tried to reference that assembly in the application. When I tried to compile, I got this error:

Error 1 The type 'System.ComponentModel.INotifyPropertyChanging' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'. C:\Users\Mark\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\crap\Application3\Application3\MainPage.xaml.cs 16 10 Application3

When I added System, it said I needed to remove System. I assume one can only use your assemblies and you don't support notification. That seems pretty odd as it is one of the primary good things about Xaml and .Net languages. I must be missing something, but I don't know what.

I'm guessing that the project should only be C# or VB and use the C#Xaml libraries instead of the normal .Net libraries. Is that it?

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Re: INotifyPropertyChanged

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:25 am

Hello,

Yes, "INotifyPropertyChanged" is fully supported.

The issue is due to the fact that your CSHTML5 project is referencing a project that is not of type CSHTML5. This is currently not allowed. A CSHTML5 project can only reference another CSHTML5.

We are going to rephrase the error message to make it more clear.

Thanks,
Regards,
JS-Support

Return to “Technical Support”