First Deployment

Rourke

First Deployment

Postby Rourke » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:12 pm

Hello cshtml5 development team. Just thought I should send you some positive feedback after my first successful deployment of a C#/XAML for HTML5 project for a client. I've been dipping my toe in and out for a few years, previously finding some things that didn't quite work or didn't look right compared to using other frameworks.

This time, apart from a few little quirks (e.g. around LINQ and async WebClient, and the long Simulator runtimes when importing data), I'm happy to report that I have a working website and a very satisfied client after a four-week build. The project includes visualizations of staff performance using complex radar charts (Polygons using Paths bound to objects with a range of custom Converters) and while I can't share it with you, I'm delighted with how it performs.

I'm really excited to see how this product proceeds with Blazor & Bridge.NET in a few months, at which point I hope I can make this my development platform of choice.

I see other recent feedback talked about the difficulty with documentation. I second that: it would be great if it could refer back to the Microsoft documentation where appropriate too. Also, any chance you can make the search facility in the forums more forgiving? I find it easier to search with site:cshtml5.com in Google than to use any of the search forms on the site itself.

Well done & thankyou,
Rourke

MichaelHughes

Re: First Deployment

Postby MichaelHughes » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:38 am

I couldn't agree more. Its a fantastic product.

I use CSHTML5 for all my web development now and its proving to be very reliable and already quite fast but I also cant wait for the next few versions and the promised improvements. :-) I find the support to be excellent too.

I can share one of the projects I'm working on in case anyone is interested. Its not 100% what you'd expect as its not C# usage at the server end but Dyalog APL (stands for A Programming Language) BUT the web browser side is all CSHTML5 and uses the CSHTML5 WebSocket extension.

This is a talk I gave at the Annual International APL conference held in Belfast (UK) in November 2018.

https://dyalog.tv/Dyalog18/?v=JytPuta57gU

Mike

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Re: First Deployment

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:29 am

Thank you very much @Rourke and @MichaelHughes!

It is great to hear your feedback.

As far as the documentation is concerned, we are working on a revamp of the website and we will certainly take into account your suggestion to improve the documentation and also to refer back to the Microsoft documentation where appropriate.

As far as these forums are concerned, at the moment we are stuck with phpBB version 3, but we are open to suggestions on how to improve/upgrade it without losing the current topics and user accounts.

Thank you again for your post, I am going to share it with all the developers and they are going to be very happy to hear such positive feedback!

Regards

Return to “General Discussion and Other”