Custom IDE instead of Visual Studio + Simulator
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:55 pm
Is it currently possible to use your tooling in a non-Visual Studio context? We have an IDE that we are considering modifying to do C# code editing, xaml editing, builds, etc. and would like to integrate all functionality within it, including the simulator's functionality.
Do you have any recommendations about how this could be done?
Re: Custom IDE instead of Visual Studio + Simulator
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:54 am
Thanks for your message.
Yes, this is possible.
- Since Beta 12.5, you no longer need to have VS installed in order to install C#/XAML for HTML5
- Our compiler can be triggered via command line with "Msbuild.exe MyProjectName.csproj" for example
- You can choose between having the JS/HTML generation happen in the Simulator or during the build process
- To launch the Simulator, just run "CSharpXamlForHtml5.Simulator.exe MyEntryPointDLL.dll". The Simulator executable is located in the folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\CSharpXamlForHtml5\InternalStuff\Simulator\
You should replace "MyEntryPointDLL.dll" with the DLL of the end-user C#/XAML for HTML5 Application project after compilation by Msbuild.
- It is possible to customize the location where the output JS/HTML files are generated.