Just XAML to HTML conversion only

arni_venky

Just XAML to HTML conversion only

Postby arni_venky » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:23 pm

Hi,

I'm interested in the product feature that converts Xaml to Hml only. Mine is large WPF application with dockable panes and complex MDI. It may be too complex to auto convert to make it run as Html, hence I want to go with a first basic step of converting Xaml to HTML. I just want to convert Xaml to HTML pages, is this possible with this tool?

Any pointers/articles to achieve this highly appreciated.

Thanks

arni_venky

Re: Just XAML to HTML conversion only

Postby arni_venky » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:19 pm

I myself verified this functionality. This app doesnt create physical Html pages for the WPF screen, it generates most of the UI as Javascript.

I would like to suggest this functionality/plugin to the product team as you have progressed a lot in understanding the WPF structure and converting into working Html applications.

Requirement
========
Many of the existing customers/companies may be interested in converting their WPF pages into Html pages and want to develop brand new Apps. targeting such customers, you should provide plugin/module that can emit the Html equivalent pages of the WPF pages, it doesnt need to be working version or extremely 100% styled as original WPF screen. Even if it matches 50% it is fine.

For my case I have 400+ WPF screens that needs to be converted to Html, it may take months to manually convert them into Html, I wish your tool should support just emitting plain html with basic CSS, where developer can work on optimizing it.

Thanks

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Re: Just XAML to HTML conversion only

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:06 am

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion and for describing your usage.

To better understand your scenario, may I ask you why, in addition to converting the XAML of your WPF apps to HTML you do not also convert the C# to JavaScript as well? In fact, you could reuse at least the C# code-behind and ViewModels. Why re-code them manually in JavaScript?

Thanks.
Regards,
JS-Suppoty

Return to “General Discussion and Other”