How To use with VB.Net?

Cat

How To use with VB.Net?

Postby Cat » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:00 am

I'm trying to see what it would take for C#/XAML to be compatible with VB.net but all my attempts have failed, has anybody else tried?

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Re: How To use with VB.Net?

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:53 am

Hi,

It's probably not a huge work to make it compatible with VB.NET.

However, the CSHTML5 compiler automatically generates some C# code during the compilation process, and we should change the compiler to generate VB.NET code instead. For example, XAML files are converted into C# files (you can see them for example if you open "obj/Debug/MainPage.g.cs"), serialization assemblies are generated as C# files, and WCF Web Services ("Reference.cs") are expected to be C# files by the compiler.

If you would like to contribute to the funding of VB.NET support, please feel free to contact us at sales@cshtml5.com and we will send you a quote/timescale. If multiple companies are interested in this feature, perhaps it is possible to join forces to fund it. We encourage those who are interested to contact us and/or to reply to to this topic as well.

By the way, at the time of writing, this feature request has already 44 votes on UserVoice. Please be sure to vote for it as well:
https://cshtml5.uservoice.com/forums/274799-c-xaml-for-html5-feature-requests/suggestions/9691578-suport-for-vb-net

Thanks.
Regards,
JS-Support

Cat

Postby Cat » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:44 pm

JS-Support wrote:Hi,

It's probably not a huge work to make it compatible with VB.NET.

However, the CSHTML5 compiler automatically generates some C# code during the compilation process, and we should change the compiler to generate VB.NET code instead. For example, XAML files are converted into C# files (you can see them for example if you open "obj/Debug/MainPage.g.cs"), serialization assemblies are generated as C# files, and WCF Web Services ("Reference.cs") are expected to be C# files by the compiler.

If you would like to contribute to the funding of VB.NET support, please feel free to contact us at sales@cshtml5.com and we will send you a quote/timescale. If multiple companies are interested in this feature, perhaps it is possible to join forces to fund it. We encourage those who are interested to contact us and/or to reply to to this topic as well.

By the way, at the time of writing, this feature request has already 44 votes on UserVoice. Please be sure to vote for it as well:
https://cshtml5.uservoice.com/forums/274799-c-xaml-for-html5-feature-requests/suggestions/9691578-suport-for-vb-net

Thanks.
Regards,
JS-Support

I've voted on it, i don't have the means to fund you atm but maybe in the soon feature, i'll try to get by using the C# for now, thanks!

TaterJuice

Postby TaterJuice » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:32 pm

You could write your code in VB.NET and then use http://converter.telerik.com/ to convert to C#

Return to “General Discussion and Other”