Dilema: "Priority support" (as we bought the Pro edition) or public support ticket ?

Sesztak

Dilema: "Priority support" (as we bought the Pro edition) or public support ticket ?

Postby Sesztak » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:28 am

Dear JS-Support,

I have a dilemma concerning to send a priority support request e-mail (to support@cshtml5.com ) or post public support tickets (send a public message in the forum):

Background information:
Let me emphasize, we bought your Professional Edition (first part of our AccountID: horvathp...@... -if you need the full, please, mention and I will send it).
It has "Priority support" as mentioned the http://cshtml5.com/ site.

We prefer the post public message to the forum as it has a lot of advantages to other users and for me as well.
(see what is the problem of other developers, what is the answers: solutions, workarounds or bugs, etc.)

On the hand: the drawback to post a message in forum and not to send priority support email:
We post a lot of messages in the forum : and no answer at all from your side several times, just to mention a few:
(topic subject from Sesztak)
-"Is there a way to eliminate Visual Studio Add System... to References",
-"DateTime bug: Error "cannot construct UInt64 from negative number" exception localized",
-"ComboBox bug with TabControl",
-"ComboBox"

(please, check the above mentioned forum messages, and take it as a priority request: if you need it, I should send all of them to support@cshtml5.com)

So, what do you recommend? is it a kind of best practice to send dual support ticket ?: one private for support@cshtml5.com and one public to forum?

In the meantime, we will to the above mentioned dual "post" policy.

Waiting for your kind reply,
Thanks in advance,
Best Regards,
Péter

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Re: Dilema: "Priority support" (as we bought the Pro edition) or public support ticket ?

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:44 am

Dear Péter,

Thanks for your message. We have read the forum posts that you mentioned and have scheduled to address them in the coming days.

As far as the general best practice is concerned, I would recommend posting on the forums first - because other users may have the answer or a workaround - and if you do not get the answer within a few days, please submit a priority support ticket as well to support@cshtml5.com

Current average first response time for priority tickets is 24-48 hours, and on the forums it is 3-5 days.

Obviously, in both cases with deal with the issue. Time to fix the issue varies between 1 day to 1 month depending on the issue complexity and if a workaround can be found.

Thank you.
Regards,
JS-Support

Sesztak

Re: Dilema: "Priority support" (as we bought the Pro edition) or public support ticket ?

Postby Sesztak » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:32 am

Dear JS-Support,

Thanks for your quick reply.

So, yes, it is allways a kind of caveat (contradiction I mean): because, if somebody need a priority support, so he do not wants to wait 3 - 5 days.
And the opposite is true as well: to share the issue with community you get higher chance to somebody give you an answer.

As I feel it must be checked on case by case basis.

I have an idea -the key is at your hand:
to eliminate duplicate tickets (prior. & public): it's should be nice if somebody (who has prior. support) can send priority support message to you with the following boolean : IsThisPrivateSupportTicket_AllowedToPubliclyAvailableInTheForum ?

if the sender set it to false: it remains a normal private ticket,
if sender set it to true: your support team can share under new non-editable "Priority Supports" section or whatever you feel where is applicable.

Have nice day,
Péter

JS-Support @Userware
Site Admin

Postby JS-Support @Userware » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:42 am

Thank you Péter for the idea. We are going to consider something along those lines.

Return to “General Discussion and Other”