Thanks for your message and welcome to the forums.
We are glad that you like the framework.
Here is the current licensing model of the framework:
- Core .NET Framework classes and methods (via the "Bootstrap" code inside JSIL): open-source MIT. You can see the code at the following URL (look at the classes named "JSIL.Bootstrap.*"): https://github.com/sq/JSIL/tree/master/Libraries (we are working on the documentation to add a section that explains how to easily contribute and add features)
- Interaction with the hardware of Android, iOS, WP devices (coming soon): open-source (Apache Cordova)
- XAML to HTML compiler, XAML controls, and .NET Framework classes: 100% free (currently closed-source, but we may make it open-source in the future when it reaches full maturity)
- Visual Studio Extension: 100% free (currently closed source)
- Upcoming business components (advanced WCF, DataGrid, etc.): commercial
We have a dedicated team that is working on the solution full time. We are committed to deliver a very high-quality product with professional support.
Please feel free to let us have your thoughts.
Thank you again and best regards,